Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just received my order of new Alloy wheel center caps for my '98 E280 from an official dealer here in Iceland. They however sent me the Blue Logo Alloy wheel center caps that look like this:

My question for you guys, did these center caps come as an accessory for the E280 at the time or are they for later models? Do you guys have pictures of your Benz with this blue logo middle?

Really don't know if I should have the dealer send the correct ones or if these one look good and "correct" having the model in mind.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,682 Posts
Definitely have not seen W210 in US with blue caps, but human like changes so I think those might grew on you.
The finish on picture looks so-so, I hope that is just picture?

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,972 Posts
I think my parts buddy told me that those were original equipment for the SLK when it debuted, and just like the angel eyes BMW headlamps, MB folks have been replacing their stock caps with the star and laurel type. I think it takes the right car/wheel for these to look good.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Definitely have not seen W210 in US with blue caps, but human like changes so I think those might grew on you.
The finish on picture looks so-so, I hope that is just picture?
That's not true. You've seen my car more than once, I have the laurel wreaths. I'm hurt that you notice Joe's polished differential and you miss my center caps. :p

OP, to my knowledge all of the W210s in the NA market left the boat with chrome stars on a gray plastic background. It's hard to know what was factory in Europe on a car we don't get here. If you really want the basic chrome star on gray they're readily available, but the ones you have single the car out.

BTW, those have never been alloy. They're just plastic. ;)

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,682 Posts

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Those blue caps may look very good on blue, black, white, silver, not good on green, red, burgundy, gold (desert silver).

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Those blue caps may look very good on blue, black, white, silver, not good on green, red, burgundy, gold (desert silver).
Good point. It's like the chrome wheels; while they are not my taste anyway, they look best on the solid colors, black, white, blue, green, red, burgundy, and pretty bad on sliver and desert silver.

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
The blue caps came with my 2012 E 350 in steel grey metallic. I like them on this color more than I think I would like the silver tri-stars.

·
Registered
98 320
440 Posts
I have blue caps as well but they look a little different. The background behind the star is different and the start has a 3d look to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts