Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The photos are brighter then for real, but it shows what I was doing. There is a little blue LED courtesy light that comes on with the main lights in the door handle recess and one behind the door pull handle which glows nicely againts the panel and I have wired them up to the dimmer so you can ajust the brightness with the rest of the dash lights...

The instrument panel bottom LED lights have been changed from fillament bulbs to the same blue LEDS.

(I rubbed the LEDS with fine sand paper to get a softer glow)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
With the instrument cluster that you have, you can change the colored film behind the LCD displays to make them a different color as well.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I swapped my cluster in my SLK with one from a Crossfire and noticed that I could use either the green film or the yellow for the LCD displays. I went with the yellow. The EURO version of your cluster should be the same. We got that style in the C-Class over here.

The color behind the rest of the face is part of the face on the back. Colored lights do make it look different.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
The photos are brighter then for real, but it shows what I was doing. There is a little blue LED courtesy light that comes on with the main lights in the door handle recess and one behind the door pull handle which glows nicely againts the panel and I have wired them up to the dimmer so you can ajust the brightness with the rest of the dash lights...

The instrument panel bottom LED lights have been changed from fillament bulbs to the same blue LEDS.

(I rubbed the LEDS with fine sand paper to get a softer glow)

A bit late but those led's are way too bright. U can see them sitting behind the lcd's. Also the other led's are a bit too bright imo but those aren't directed to your eyes. U'll see a lot less at night because your eye will adapt to the led's.

I guess U can insert a resistor in line with the led power supply for the interiour, but about the instrument cluster I don't know. Did U use the instrument socket's to power those led's?

·
Registered
17 Posts
A bit late also but he said they are connected to the dimmer i.e. adjustable brightness.

·
Registered
108 Posts
With the instrument cluster that you have, you can change the colored film behind the LCD displays to make them a different color as well.
I know that this thread is very old but how do you change the colored film to a different color, I plan on doing it to my instrument cluster where the backlighting would be a different color or do I just change the bulb and if so would that be sufficient?

·
Registered
7 Posts
YES.. i would also like to hear more about the replacing of colored film behind cluster. How to seperate thwe cluster plastics to get inside.

Also ...LED BULB #s or source info ? I cant find LEDs for the lower or the extreme L & R sides ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
tbone006
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing