Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 2 photos of my Orion Blue (#345) SLK55 -- one with my magnetic flames that go on whatever car I'm driving at track events and the other of my Utah "BLITZEN" plates. You can see that the geology and scenery here in southern Utah is pretty dramatic -- black lava flows and red sandstone cliffs.

I'll make a separate post on "How To: Remove the front grill to mount the plate." (I did monitor coolant temp while running hard on the racetrack and had no problems with overheating.)

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Your Orion Blue looks great.
That was my first color choice, but the dealer I purchased from only had Caspian Blue in stock, so that's what I went with.
Your front plate mount looks very good too.
Glad to hear it had no effect on the engine cooling.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
slk55er - 3/15/2005 1:59 AM

Here are 2 photos of my Orion Blue (#345) SLK55 -- one with my magnetic flames that go on whatever car I'm driving at track events and the other of my Utah "BLITZEN" plates. You can see that the geology and scenery here in southern Utah is pretty dramatic -- black lava flows and red sandstone cliffs.
Hi slk55er - totally OT but I'm looking into arranging a Death/Monument Valley bike tour back end of this year/early next year. I've come across a couple of companies in the area who do an inclusive tour package - bike/gas/insurance/national park fees/ accomodation/scran(ok food)for about $800 for 5 days - just the flights & couple of days accomodation to pay for either side. At the moment, for us Brits, everything in the states is half price. I've been wanting to do this type of trip since I was a kid, and now I can't wait [:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Hey Wooley!!! You will love Monument Valley. Also check out Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon. At Death Valley, Furnace Creek Ranch is nice to stay and eat at. Or more upscale is the Furnace Creek Inn. The WahWeap resort on Lake Powell (Page, AZ) is also very nice. And, as always, check out Vegas. Welcome and enjoy America. Below is a shot of Monument Vally we snapped while flying over it in our plane last spring.

Roberta[:)][:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Hi Duo-Art,

It was about 8am with slighlty overcast clouds. It was an awesome site. In May, the desert is so beautiful cause the vegetation is still very green and the land has not burned out from the summer heat yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Roberta - 3/17/2005 4:46 PM

Hey Wooley!!! You will love Monument Valley. Also check out Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon. At Death Valley, Furnace Creek Ranch is nice to stay and eat at. Or more upscale is the Furnace Creek Inn. The WahWeap resort on Lake Powell (Page, AZ) is also very nice. And, as always, check out Vegas. Welcome and enjoy America. Below is a shot of Monument Vally we snapped while flying over it in our plane last spring.

Roberta:

Smithsonian Magazine has a photo contest each year with 6 differnt categories. You can submit pictures on line. You definitely should enter this picture. It is breathtaking!

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Roberta - 3/16/2005 12:46 AM

Hi Roberta - luv the snaps!!! wot aircraft do you fly?? I fly a Ralleye ST ... the best view we get is when we have an inversion, no smog, then we can fly to about 4500+ feet over our local airport and see northern england, southern scotland, the isle of man and bits of northern ireland and eire from directly over our field it's good, but does not compare with your views[V][V][:p]

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Hi Woolly,

We have a Van's RV-7A that I finished building last year (April 04). After I completed Phase I flight testing, my hubby and I took it out west where I did some Colorado mountain flying and we did Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, and Monument Valley.

Here is a shot at about 13,000 ft up in the Rockies. The plane cruises about 204 mph with an 1800 fpm climb rate.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Roberta - 3/17/2005 12:39 AM

Hi Woolly,

We have a Van's RV-7A that I finished building last year (April 04). After I completed Phase I flight testing, my hubby and I took it out west where I did some Colorado mountain flying and we did Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, and Monument Valley.

Here is a shot at about 13,000 ft up in the Rockies. The plane cruises about 204 mph with an 1800 fpm climb rate.
In the Rallye, I'd need to get out and push to do 204knots - [:0][:0][:0] - do you ever go to Oshkosh??

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Hi Woolly,

We do Oshkosh every year. We live about 90 miles south of Oshkosh. We volunteer in the Aircraft Registration shack next to Aeroshell Square and near the flight line. We had the RV-7A there last year and will have it there this year, too. Maybe even the SLK.

Roberta

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts