Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't go to the DMV on a Monday morning! Line out the door and I forgot my Registration and had to go back and get it. Came back and the line was now 3 people, inside. Hardly anywhere to sit. I know I should have called for an appointment, but I like hassles....evidently.

I tried every derivative of Bluebird or Blue Bird I could think of and none were available. Then I decided to try it in German. Bluebird in German is Drossel...NOT ON MY CAR!

However Blue Bird in German is Blauer Vogel.....A lot better, but too many letters
so I settled for......

The real up side to the plates is that the color blue of the letters almost matches the body color of the car.....So Now i have to remember to type Blue Bird instead of Bluebird.

·
Registered
1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
1,895 Posts
Very Nice!!

Looking to meet up with her again sometime soon!

Dave

·
Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,152 Posts
nice to have plates that make you standout from the normal run of the mill. Keep up the work on the car and you will have a great finished product. Glad you kept the plate german, it will make the car happy.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I'm looking for real Hanover/Lower Saxony(H or HH) German set of License plates for her. I'll get the plate mtg and the real Euro license plate mtg hard ware for the front. The Chrome plate is $80.00 through MB. The one I snagged at the U-Pull-It had one end cut off that I didn't notice...DUH!
She was delivered to/sold by, the Hanover branch. Those plates will reside under the CA plates.

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,445 Posts
Nice!!

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Now I'm looking for real Hanover/Lower Saxony(H or HH) German set of License plates for her. I'll get the plate mtg and the real Euro license plate mtg hard ware for the front. The Chrome plate is $80.00 through MB. The one I snagged at the U-Pull-It had one end cut off that I didn't notice...DUH!
She was delivered to/sold by, the Hanover branch. Those plates will reside under the CA plates.
You will need the "H" plates as thats Hannover. The "HH" I believe is for Hamburg.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK ! "H" it is.
I don't know where the HH came from, but somewhere I was looking.

·
Registered
1991 420SEL, flirting with 200k
150 Posts
OK ! "H" it is.
I don't know where the HH came from, but somewhere I was looking.
Personally I mounted my euro plate on top, if you turn the bracket up side down you can bolt your CA plate directly to the bracket. Its an option.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Er...AH....
1. It is state law.
2. Because, "I", DON"T want a gazillion tickets in my glove box?
3. Refer to # 1.

TheRog,
Is that the US bracket or the Euro mounting Plate of which you speak. That sound like a good option.

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Er...AH....
1. It is state law.
3. Refer to # 1.

TheRog,
Is that the US bracket or the Euro mounting Plate of which you speak. That sound like a good option.
I've only gotten one fix-it ticket for the front plate. Just a matter of putting the plate back on and finding an officer of da' law to sign it off. I got the ticket driving to the dealership through a section of town where you can purchase botanical products, or companionship in 15 minute sessions. Made for an easy stop for the officer for probable cause for other stuff. No weed on the seat or hookers in the trunk and you'll be fine :)

I would like one of those James Bond plate options or a plate that would display only when PARKED and being inspected :)

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone was talking, I think Justin, that one of his friends has a retractable front license plate mounting. I thought he was going to check it out and get back to us.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
I've only gotten one fix-it ticket for the front plate. Just a matter of putting the plate back on and finding an officer of da' law to sign it off. I got the ticket driving to the dealership through a section of town where you can purchase botanical products, or companionship in 15 minute sessions. Made for an easy stop for the officer for probable cause for other stuff. No weed on the seat or hookers in the trunk and you'll be fine :)

I would like one of those James Bond plate options or a plate that would display only when PARKED and being inspected :)
Hey Roy - I am installing a "Retractable" Plate that will pull into the lower grille. If I can get them made, want one?

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Hey Roy - I am installing a "Retractable" Plate that will pull into the lower grille. If I can get them made, want one?
Hell Yes!

I want to run a custom plate and not deal with fix-it tickets :) I might then get popped for tint but I need to redo the AMG anyhow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Actually, Justin pointed me to one that is designed and built already and just needs to be installed. I will do mine and figure out how to mount it and then do yours if you like. I think we have to take into account the AMG spoiler. (I don't have mine yet, but you do right?)

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
Charlie - what motive did you choose for the plates?

I respect you not wanting to break state law, but otherwise AA is correct...it's really not a big deal. Actually I think I got lucky by not having a plate on once...I got stopped for speeding and after a nice chat about my car, that 25 miles over the limit got dropped, I just had to promise to put a plate on with a fixitix. If you're going to go through the trouble getting a Hannover plate, why hide it under another plate?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think THEROG had a great idea and I'll probably go that way.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
Er...AH....
1. It is state law.
3. Refer to # 1.

In about 3 years I got the first one not long ago.$110.
The cop was nice,let me keep the plate:mad:
Looks good and like the the name.I wish I would have come up with
a cool one like that.Not sure what I was thinking:86 KOENIG:confused:
good job:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts