Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I blew out a wheel cylinder on the Doka Today. I have not taken it apart yet, but I had to make a serious emergency stop, and my pedal popped, and then it went to the floor. I had minimal braking power for a bit, but soon it was all gone. I had to drive a couple of miles with zero brakes, I mean zero brakes. Stop lights were shifting from forward to reverse to keep still. I am curious to see what blew. I have tons of brake fluid on the right rear tire, I think I will start their.

Anyone else have a massive brake failure.

·
Registered
1970 404.114
15 Posts
I did before... but I was very lucky. I got in my truck first thing in the morning, started it. drove about 10 feet, no brakes at all; straight to the floor... I then rebleed my brakes, got brakes back. Decided to rework the wheel cylinders, had one cylinder where the cup came out slighty letting fluild out. The only thing I could find was, the brake shoe adjuster was not properly adjusted. I had to pump the brakes till the shoes rested against the hub.
mike

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I fixed my wheel cylinder. The cap and seal had blown out completly. I had to basically replace the whole thing. THe cap was very bent and mangled. Not sure how this happened, but i suspect, that a missing retainer bar for the top of the wheel cylinder was the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts