Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just bought a 1992 500SE and my mechanics and me find it has blown head gasket. Both of us are not sure what parts need to be replaced to make the car running well again. As the mechanics says that it requires to replace many gaskets. Anyone here has experience of fix blown head gasket? And the attached picture is the set I prefer, any advise?
Cheers, James

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
2,840 Posts
I would go to your dealer/parts department for advice (and to buy the correct gaskets.) I certainly wouldn't put anything in there that wasn't made by Mercedes, especially if it was made of Chinesium.
Your mechanic is a little "iffy" he he doesn't know or can't find out. I would be looking for a new "wrench."
Anziani

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go to your dealer/parts department for advice (and to buy the correct gaskets.) I certainly wouldn't put anything in there that wasn't made by Mercedes, especially if it was made of Chinesium.
Your mechanic is a little "iffy" he he doesn't know or can't find out. I would be looking for a new "wrench."
Anziani
Hi Anziani, thanks for the advice. I will go to MB dealer to ask for the parts which are required. Cheers, James

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 & 1999 S500
801 Posts
I concur with Anziani, if your mechanic does not know what to buy, then he is not S Class worthy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts