Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder about the fuse that sits in the F3 position in the K40 relay module. It all begin with starting problem and gearshift problem for this W210, E55-00. Change the battery, change the gearshift module, change the brake switch and I still can´t shift. The gearlever is stuck in the parking position (can get it out with the little hatch on the gear shift modul). If I change the fuse in the K40 module I can start and run the engine but the fuse is blown again. It will not start again before I change the fuse.
Someone who can suggest something.
Perhaps the the conductor plate in the gearbox?

·
Registered
2000 E320 4MATIC
1,732 Posts
Solved! MB dealer find the malfunction. It was a short circuit in the fan for the engine computer.
Well, with a thin wallet :crybaby2: I can enjoy my E55 again. Nice!
You are lucky to find out the problem so fast. By the way, exactly, which circuit in the fan that is short circuiting? Can you share your own problem so that we can prevent this from happening in the future?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About 860$ thinner :(. And this was after I change the gearshift selector and k40 relay box. The short circuit probably happend when I tried to jumpstart after a dead battery.
I have learn one very important thing. Be very careful with all the electronic in this car, specially when battery is down. Even to assemble the earth pole in a proper way without problems seems to be quiet dangerous.
Keep the battery in good shape. My E55 is in the garage all winter and it's now you had to make sure that the battery is in good condition.

I'll ask the workshop and try to tell about the short circuit.

·
Registered
E320, 2002
46 Posts
Wish he would have posted about the short circuit. I have the EXACT same problem--fuse has to be replaced each time I want to start the car. This began after I cleaned the battery terminals! Apparently a lot I need to learn about the safe way to tamper with the battery on this car. Any further ideas on how to troubleshoot whatever is shorting on mine (I'll start with the fan LOL)

UPDATE: HOLD EVERYTHING Found terminal G for computer fan in the K40 module and unplugged it. PROBLEM SOLVED!! Stopped blowing fuses and shifts out of park now. Just need to figure out how to replace shorted fan. If it brings any comfort you just saved me $860 (probably more due to inflation LOL).

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to post.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
13,595 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.