Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, on my way to work the other day my machine (2001 silver/ silver-gray)blew a belt (unknown by me at the time) I lost my power steering and my on board computer said i had a battery/alternator problem and should 'visit my workshop' in that the closest MB dealership was near my office 45 miles away thats where i headed. Well 30 miles into the ride my car was in a cloud of smoke and on the side ofthe road. i was flatbedded to the MB dealership and told the engine was blown. A new engine is being shipped from the east coast as we speak. Has anyone had a similar experiance. Also, any precautions with a new engine in a slightly used vehicle?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bob, have you seen the commercial on SpeedVision where the motorcycle policeman is speaking to the driver of a '57 Corvette he's pulled over? You know, the one where that ends with the frustrated cop shooting into the air when he sees the Vett's owner has patched a hole in the passenger's seat with duct tape (DUCT TAPE!)? <br> <br> Well, Bob, were I you, I'd keep an eye open for that patrolman, because he's gonna be damn pissed when he hears that you started off on a 45-mile jaunt without a belt driving the waterpump. Not smart, Bob.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think your analogy is well taken jwilliam. I'm not a mechanic and had no idea a waterpump was affected. if that stupid cop your talking about stopped me he would be impressed with the impecable condition of my car!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But not to give you a ticket. On of my friends did the very thing but it was his thermostat and it also distroyed the engine. At least they are replacing the engine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife wouldn't drive one yard!

Wait a minute! My wife would not drive one foot away from where that happened. That would have been an easy decision for her to make. Anything unexplainable happens (that looks major). Stop the car, call the dealer (or husband) and at most, just listen to the radio. Oh, Bob!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts