Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
still working on the ebay special! I had to pull climate control and push button switch Assembly to inspect wiring for another problem and now blower is stuck on hi speed only defrost vents . one switch on the top row ,circle with arrows is lit. nothing works blower stuck on hi speed. wire connections are goodback there?

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Sounds like you forgot to connect both connectors and the HVAC system is stuck in default mode. Pull the HVAC panel again and take a look.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled it out .thought I might have reversed the 2 connections on either side. its right.put new fuse 7 just in case.still in default mode.now what?
do those push buttons come off the unit? so I can open it up and have a look see

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Well you did say that you washed behind the battery; that is where that KLIMA relay resides. And you have checked that W12 ground in the center console, just south of where those ground wires were cut?

Nevermind it's W1, W12 is for aspirator blower.

Blower Control...................... 311

X64 Connector, blower speed control/interior harness Above and rearward of brake booster

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the heck! now what did I do? this car is KMA!
is it back here? this shot is looking behind instrument cluster. only thing I left out was a securing bolt to chassis. it dropped and presto vanished!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I not being clear sorry.I know where the KLIMA relay is. the only thing I did to make the Climate control go crazy and blower on hi all the time is remove the IIc unit tight quarters in there .may be I disturbed something in there? or that bolt that dropped? it held a module with a bracket to chassis .have to find it tomorrow.I'm trying to fix one electrical problem and another appears!

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Funny after sitting on that unit then super glued it back together .I put it back into the 91 and guess what it works!? must have fixed it with my ass crack wrench!:cool:

Ok now thats working back to no dash or console lighting

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi John, after you get those two running as they should you probably more than qualify as an self-taught ASE. Might stop/swing by learning something from you, if you don't mind.
Regards Kham. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm still learning by trial and error .and all the wonderful help you can get here!
all you really need to work on these cars are tools ,manual ,common sense and this forum along with Google search's
Hey your like 30miles away!Kham

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a bad ass yet! only when my son drives this car to college on the freeway here in January and I don't receive a call the car broke down on the side of the road.then I will be the bad ass!:cool: heck its a 20 year old car what were we thinking? I offered to get him a 05 Honda or something newer ,but like all his guitars they have to be vintage! and he says I don't want to look like every one else on the road! he's like me I do like individuality:wink_2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts