Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1991 560sec. 1991 560sel 1969 280SL
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my 91 560SEL that I bought this past Saturday the previous owner drilled to ac panel and installed a pull switch to turn on the blower, that won’t do! So I pulled everything apart removed the blower motor also removed that flipping switch and wiring. Tried to locate the blower resistor and looked in that area but could not see it. Now any normal car would have it easily accessible but NO not Benz!
So please help me find my lost porcupine I’m missing it.

all the best,
Gogi.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
Up by the interior fan iirc, but in towards the centre of the car from there. Although mine is rhd.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1989 560SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1995 E420
4,494 Posts
So on my 91 560SEL that I bought this past Saturday the previous owner drilled to ac panel and installed a pull switch to turn on the blower, that won’t do! So I pulled everything apart removed the blower motor also removed that flipping switch and wiring. Tried to locate the blower resistor and looked in that area but could not see it. Now any normal car would have it easily accessible but NO not Benz!
So please help me find my lost porcupine I’m missing it.

all the best,
Gogi.
It's been a while since I was in that area but isn't it right in there with the main blower motor under the glove box? I think it depends on the air flow from the blower to stay cool so I think it's right there.

·
Registered
1991 560sec. 1991 560sel 1969 280SL
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your are right Mike. The previous owner removed it and just hot wired the blower instead of replacing it. The ac works fine but the must have been faulty or something because he chucked it. I can't stand to see stuff done that way. Anyway GreenT is ending me one, we will see.
Thanks.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1989 560SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1995 E420
4,494 Posts
Your are right Mike. The previous owner removed it and just hot wired the blower instead of replacing it. The ac works fine but the must have been faulty or something because he chucked it. I can't stand to see stuff done that way. Anyway GreenT is ending me one, we will see.
Thanks.
You never know about those previous owners.

Yay for GreenT!

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
4,528 Posts
The previous owner removed it and just hot wired the blower instead of replacing it. The ac works fine but the must have been faulty or something because he chucked it.......
Thanks.
I don't like that sort of thing either.. Then I worry about other things too.. If this were dealt with this way.. What about X, Y & possibly Z?

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts