Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1981 300
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying the forum one more time before I hot wire my blower motor. The blower blows fine when connected directly to the battery, but does nothing when connected under the dash beneath the glove box. I've checked and rechecked the fuse and it's fine. I changed the burnt CCU for a rebuilt one and the blower still won't blow.

I'm very new to DIY and if I continue to probe without guidance I will make it worse. I can easily install a switch and fuse and connect the blower to the battery but that solution isn't satisfying.

·
Registered
1982 300D, 1984 300TD-sold, & 1985 300D(parting/selling)-sold
122 Posts
my blower motor acted as yours is and i found a flat 80amp all metal fuse near the firewall under a little black cover it was like an inline fuse. once i replaced it my blower worked on my 84 300td

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
There's also a black multi-pin connector on the right side of the ACC box, connecting DC power and speed control to the blower motor. If that vibrates loose....... It's behind the panel covering the transmission hump, about where the passenger's left knee would rest. At least that's where it is on my coupe.

//greg//

1 - 4 of 4 Posts