Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a website tryign to order a new blower motor, and they asked if i need the oen with the removable filter or with out the removable filter. How can i tell

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I was on a website tryign to order a new blower motor, and they asked if i need the oen with the removable filter or with out the removable filter. How can i tell
Not sure I can help with the filter; none of mine have one. But are you 100% sure you need the blower motor? There are two fuses for this component and there is also a regulator that is more likely to fail than the motor.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know theres a fuse next to the fuse box, a sort like metal strip, wheres the other fuse at? and i'm pretty sure it is, it blows but very weakly. however i read some where you can hear the regulator buzzing if its bad?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
i know theres a fuse next to the fuse box, a sort like metal strip, wheres the other fuse at? and i'm pretty sure it is, it blows but very weakly. however i read some where you can hear the regulator buzzing if its bad?
The regulator is directly under the blower motor and it is solid state - it doesn't buzz. My wife's '89 had this failure and the blower never really reached full speed until I replaced the regulator. I went to a boneyard and asked if I could remove a blower motor. They let me loose and when I pulled the motor I also took the regulator. I wrapped the wires around the motor as if it was all one piece. They told me $50 and I was happy. I now have a spare blower motor because, as I said, the regulator was the problem.

PS there is a fuse in the fuse box as well as the strip fuse on the driver's side fender well. Also, when checking the strip fuse, remove it. They can crack and LOOK as if they are good visibly. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts