Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manual says location guide is on tool tray in trunk, its not. Someone posted a guide here some time back but its unreadable.
Called Knaus Mercedes dealer and parts dept said they didn't know either as their books don't tell them. A mechanic there told me to check each and every fuse in the car to see it its blown, what stupid advise.

I just need a pictorial location if someone can help, thanks

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts
You will find the fuse charts we have in the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky. That's kind of why the title says "Start Here."

Reactions: Dave2302

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts
We have what we have; and if you can't find the Encyclopedia, or the links to the fuse charts, you just aren't looking. Start with the first page of the W220 forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have what we have; and if you can't find the Encyclopedia, or the links to the fuse charts, you just aren't looking. Start with the first page of the W220 forum.
Guess it’s my fault to ask a question here. Being an aviator and use to forums in that arena, I’m use to straight intelligent talk not a bunch of do this to find the answer. I’m sorry I asked

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts
Guess it’s my fault to ask a question here. Being an aviator and use to forums in that arena, I’m use to straight intelligent talk not a bunch of do this to find the answer. I’m sorry I asked
As an aviator myself, I would find being told twice where to find the answer to be at least one more time than necessary. As an aviator, I am used to doing things for myself, and not having to be spoon fed. As an aviator, I read the introductory materials regarding something I am engaged in, and do not skip things that say "Start Here" - or new guy advice. As an aviator, I appreciate becoming aware of processes that let me reach an answer quickly, on my own, without having to wait for someone to do the work for me out of some sense of entitlement.

I find that works well in aviation forums as well.

• Haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As an aviator myself, I would find being told twice where to find the answer to be at least one more time than necessary. As an aviator, I am used to doing things for myself, and not having to be spoon fed. As an aviator, I read the introductory materials regarding something I am engaged in, and do not skip things that say "Start Here" - or new guy advice. As an aviator, I appreciate becoming aware of processes that let me reach an answer quickly, on my own, without having to wait for someone to do the work for me out of some sense of entitlement.

I find that works well in aviation forums as well.
I didn't have the time to do a lot of research and asked a simple question so I could have air conditioning in a short time. I had to pick up a human organ and fly it for a transplant (totally at my expense) and all I get is a bunch of advise about how I should look it up. It doesn't matter though, I found out from someone with some character. Drop it "Moderator"!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts
Since you have told us how much more important your time and comfort are than anyone else's, there is a lesson to be learned that would have saved you quite a bit of it. I am not demeaning what you do, it is a noble thing - but the attitude you have displayed here demeans us, and I am going to answer that.

First, you skipped the matters that forum members view as either very helpful, or important. They are the stickies. Among them are New Guy stuff, and the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia. Had you read them you would have come across your answer within about 10 minutes of visiting the forum.

Within 4 hours of your post, I told you where to look. The purpose in doing that was to acquaint you with the tools that have taken a LOT of people a LOT of their time, that you blew past. But if you had done it, you'd have a better understanding of the tools available to you here - in a very short time. And, you'd have had the answer to your question.

But no. Like so many who perceive their time and comfort as being more important than others' you insist that someone look it up for you and hand it to you on a platter; that is, to do for you exactly what you could do for yourself, using exactly the same process. A member did provide it to you - nearly 24 hours after you first posted, when you could have had the answer in 10 minutes (or 4 hours and 10 minutes if you had done what was suggested in post #3). There is a lesson in that - or do I have to be more explicit?

We don't get paid for doing this work. Nobody owes you a thing here - we are not your flunkies. And captain, you don't give me orders.

·
Premium Member
2005 S600 / 2005 SL600
1,008 Posts
Well said Skylaw!

The uncommon mix of entitlement and condescension in the same thread ("find it for me, I have time to be sarcastic, but I don't have time to do my own work") were surprising....and no aviator I know would have made it out of basic flight training with that attitude...

·
Premium Member
2006 S500 (W220, Designo Espresso, AMG Sport, LWB)
428 Posts
It sure would be nice if we had a computer system or Artificial Intelligence program that could prune all the non-related chatter\banter from these posts.

I know.... Wishful thinking.

For any future persons searching for fuse location info, this link has good info on it:

It lists "Blower Motor AC" as fuse F33.
It also says fuses 28 through 49 and relays O N M L K are in the engine compartment on the vehicle's right \ passenger side. (for left hand drive vehicles)

·
W220 Moderator
9,084 Posts
I couldn't agree more @4DGeorge and everyone else ................

However it is time to close this debacle of a thread that came from before my time here ;)

Had I been Moderator I would not have been so patient and eloquent as @Skylaw, I would have just banned the dumb assed self centred fool straight off the bat ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.