Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my issue, my ac and heat works fine, blower works like supposed if car is idling, as soon as you drive on interstate or with accelerator pushed down the blower speed decreases. if you go off the pedal blower speed picks slowly up.
Is this an electronic issue with the blower sensor/ regulator or is there any clutch/ belt tension that can be checked?

thanks for your input

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea how to test them? guess the clutch only comes as a combination part with the blower fan. Don't want to end up buying this and still having the same problem

·
Registered
95 C220
1,362 Posts
any idea how to test them? guess the clutch only comes as a combination part with the blower fan. Don't want to end up buying this and still having the same problem
i will check to see if you can get it separately which i believe you can.... no clue on the best way to test it sorry... i just replaced mine and it worked...no testing.. but the way you mention it i would say either the regulator or the clutch being faulty....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had just about the same issue. Two summers ago I drove around without my AC blowing. During a B service I asked the dealer to check the fan. They tested it for about $200 and said the motor needed to be replaced. About a month later I decided to check the cabin filter to see if it was replaced during the service. I spotted some leaves in the fan and the filter. I turned the key and the fan knob ... I had air blowing out of the console! Fan still works perfect today. Amazing how the dealer treats their customers.

I suggest removing the cabin filter and check out your fan. I learned a $200 lesson the hard way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts