Discussion Starter #1
Blow off valve Are these any good and where do I get them from
C class w204 2010 cdi

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do not need one unless you are pushing the boost way up which is a whole new can of worms to work with.
A lot of people put them on for the sound and not because u want more power.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You have 0 need for a blow off valve in a W204. It will do absolutely nothing for the cars performance at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when I have it remaped it won't help and can I ask where you are getting this info from as I've watched videos and been reading about it and other people have better reviews about them on normal turbo engines .

·
Purple Moderator
21,635 Posts
A blow-off valve is simply a form of pressure release system that you would normally find in turbocharged gasoline engines.

Notice the mention of the word ‘gasoline engines’ here, because we get a lot of questions regarding the use of blow-off valves in high-performance turbocharged diesel engines, or those fitted with CRDI or Common-Rail Direct Injection.

For the sake of clarity, the answer is NO. It is useless to install a blow-off valve in a diesel engine because diesel engines don’t have a throttle plate. More on this later.

Let’s get back to the basics of the blow-off valve.

The blow-off valve is designed to protect the turbo against damage and accelerated wear and tear. This kit will also ensure a smooth-running engine with enhanced reliability. It is not only designed to produce that delicious hissing sound that we all love, although it does make your car sound heavily-tuned and ready to tear down the dragstrip.

But the most important role of the blow-off valve is to prevent the occurrence of compressor surge.

In a diesel-powered car or TDI, stepping on the throttle will alter the fuel delivery. Diesel does not rely on the air-fuel ratio. The air intake is unrestricted in a TDI engine, and they are usually equipped with butterfly valves that will basically render the BOV useless.

In essence, YES. You can install a BOV in a diesel-powered car, truck, or SUV. But you won’t be protecting the turbocharger from surge (because of the butterfly valve) and all you’ll be getting is the hissing sound.

Making matters worse is the type of ridicule that you will receive from people or mechanics who actually know a thing or two about diesel engines. You will only spend too much cash on something that doesn’t improve the overall performance or fuel economy of your TDI.

Source: https://autofella.com/does-your-car-need-a-blow-off-valve/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Noodles
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing