Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some blow by dose this mean i need a new engine it runs good i can get a used 300td engine for 150 it has 25000 on it my has 300.000 or it ok help me just dont know :crybaby2:

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
The consensus is that no one likes blow-by; but most fell that there is no reason not to continue running the Vehicle unless there is some other issue.

Some of the other issues would be if the Engine does not start reliably in the temperatures where you live, a lot of smoke out of the Tail Pipe and so on.

So as long as the Engine runs normally there is no reason to get rid of it.

I was having an issue with too much Oil Vapor from Blow-by getting inside of my Air Filter Housing and onto the Filter Element.

Washable Air Filter and Intake Mod , With Larger Breather
Washable Air Filter and Intake Mod , With Larger Breather - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

Some people have been able to reduce their Blow-by when the cause was stuck Piston Rings buy pouring something like Marvel Mystery Oil into the Cylinders (though the Injector or Glow Plug Holes); and, letting it soak to lessen up Carbon.
If you do the above read up on the details.

Others claim that the use of synthetic Oil will do the same after 200-300 miles of driving

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
One more comment.
Several members of various forums have bought used Mercedes Engine that were out of the Car.
They ended up getting worn out Engines.

The best way to be sure you are getting a good used Engine is to buy a beat up Car that is still driveable; so the Engine can be road tested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank u for info i think i,m just going to run it runs good some guy has me here just say to me i did think about it be for he take my oil cap off when runing and say the smoky was blow by sorry for run on :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts