Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found the lining of boot/trunk very wet and the PSE in a saturated foam box. One cause appears to be a blocked drain hole on the passenger side where the boot/trunk lid fits into the channel. I pushed a 3 foot length of cable through the small grill. The purpose was to clear any blockage and allow water to drain. Not successful. I have tried poking the same cable through from the drain under the car but also unsuccessful.

Any information to release blockage gratefully accepted.http://www.benzworld.org/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Rain water is overlapping the rubber seal and flooding the boot/trunk area.

Dried out the PSE and it does not work at all now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I had the same problem, fixed the PSE for the most part by prying away the bottom, revealing circuit board, cleaning with Radio Shack electrical contact cleaner aerosol can with brush,… also used cleaner and toothbrush on electrical connectors.

There is a drainage bulb at the right rear wheel well,… self cleaning, push several times to start water flow. It is about the farthest back thing hanging down from the right rear.

Trunk and gas cap drain lines end up in the right rear fender well. Mine were both crimped.

I removed the right rear wheel, pulled the wheel well seal strip. It is a friction fit, and pulls away with ease. I saw a couple of hoses, one of which was pointing skyward. I removed the 4 fasteners that pry away with a screwdriver in the top right rear trunk liner panel. I was able to look down and reach into the right rear cavity where the drip hoses from the gas cap and trunk lid are routed. I reached in and found that the gas cap drip hose was kinked where it exited the trunk cavity and went outside toward the bumper wall. I squeezed, bent, and slightly tugged the crimped hose. Some debris and water appeared beneath the car. I blew water and compressed air down the gas lid inlet until I found that the outlet was the skyward pointing hose. I pushed that hose end rearward until it pointed down. I pulled some hose slack into the trunk cavity until it was no longer crimped. Blew air and water through the hose until it flowed really free – problem solved.

The trunk drain hose was routed wrongly into the wheel well. I found the proper outlet hole, but could not return it to the original routing. I had to leave it draining into the wheel well. You may find a kink in that hose that you can fix.

I sealed the plate between the wheel well and trunk, sealed the PSE in a Ziploc bag with wire ties and silicon sealer twice. After I cleaned the circuit board, I only lost the audible alarm function as far as I can tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DecoThom
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing