Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered a block heater for my 82 300D Turbodiesel from AutoPartsWarehouse, which was an "exact match" according to their site (PN W0133-1619895), but after FINALLY getting the frost plug out, the heater is too small of a diameter for the opening. So... I'm kinda in a pickle. The part # stamped on the box is Q 6 20 0009. By all indication, this is the correct block heater. Anyone know for sure? Is there some adapter or something that I'm needing? Chassis is 123.333 and engine is 617.952. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Information: 900 203 48 95 is the part number which is listed on some sites as a match, but not on others. Is this the correct one to get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem

Same problem, same place. I've got a Q 6 20 0009, finally got the plug out, and the heater is smaller than the plug (and has coarser threads). I also got mine at auto parts warehouse. 1983 300TD, OM617 engine.

Did you figure out a solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

Peach Parts seems to have changed the product picture to one without the adapter, but I e-mailed them anyway, to see if they have it. Thanks! I used to have a different 300TD with a dead block heater...too bad I sold it, or I could have put this block heater on that one.

There's a "Zero Start" block heater that claims to fit a 38mm hole, same size as the freeze plug. It's twice as much as the OES one I bought. I might just order that, and hope it works.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Sorry that was an old thread. However, it does show existance of an adapter.

If it was me I would have called Autppartswarehouse and ask them. Parts places have access to uncataloged items.

As an example Autohausaz does not catalog the Rubber Bushings that the Front Swaybar pivots on; I am speaking of the ones that are under the Hood where the sway bar pivots; not the ones that go on the tips of the Sway Bar.
But, if you do a search with the Mercedes Part number you would find that they sell the part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts