Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1991 500SL
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was working on the lights in the visors two days ago...now the blinkers dont work, the fuse is fine, as the lights in the insturment panel still work...and the bulbs are fine as the hazard turn on all the blinkers, in both the exterior lamps, as wellin the insturment panel?...do these things have flashers, if so, where are they hidden..i have to start there...look if it is hot or not, thanks. oh yea...1984 380sl

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,223 Posts

·
Registered
1991 500SL
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wheni purchased the car...they worked...and thenthey stopped for a day..i had a sterio installed..then they worked..so i thought whatever was broke..now works...now they went out while i was working on the lights in the visor...it might be the multi switch..who knows...is there a way to test the individual components?

·
Registered
1984 MB 380SL
46 Posts
Try toggling your Hazard Switch on and off several tomes on the center console. They seem to be linked to the flashers.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
david7212 said:
wheni purchased the car...they worked...and thenthey stopped for a day..i had a sterio installed..then they worked..so i thought whatever was broke..now works...now they went out while i was working on the lights in the visor...it might be the multi switch..who knows...is there a way to test the individual components?
The missing ground you had with the left visor light is probably related. Do you have a manual?

·
Registered
1991 500SL
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not Really A Manual..jsut A Cd Off Of Ebay...i Thought The Same Thing...so I Went Back Into The Visor Last Night...hooked The Brown Wire Back To Hot....it Didnt Do Anything...i Will Undo The Recently Added Ground Also..see The Results, I Also Added New Power Window Switches Recently, Of Which I Undid The Hazard Swithc Also....will Make Sure Its Tight And Snug....my Quest Goes On....thanks Guys.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,223 Posts
If You Set The Caps Lock And Type, There Is Some Software Thing Here That Drops Everything To Lowercase Except The First Letter Of Every Word.

In case anyone was wondering.

Try it. It's fun. Really.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Digmenow said:
If You Set The Caps Lock And Type, There Is Some Software Thing Here That Drops Everything To Lowercase Except The First Letter Of Every Word.

In case anyone was wondering.

Try it. It's fun. Really.
Are You Sure? Really, Really, sure?

·
Registered
1991 500SL
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was the hazards connection, wasnt fully secureed..thus the flashers wreent powered up...thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
david7212 said:
it was the hazards connection, wasnt fully secureed..thus the flashers wreent powered up...
I love cheap fixes. Much better than those $1000+ fixes.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
ConorD said:
Dave's Mechanic: "And I would'a got away with it if wasn't for you meddlin' kids"
Since when is Scooby-Doo Irish?

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
And how do you say "Zoinks" with an Irish accent? My mind reels at the implications.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts