Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been trying to solve this with the dealer for almost a year. I keep getting false passenger side blind spot warnings. The dealer has reset the system numerous times, replaced the bumper corner, tried different thickness of paint, swapped the sensors from left to right and back (issue still remains on passenger side). I have noticed that the sensor will be red even on a 2 lane road with no fences or anything that could seemingly trigger a sensor. I have been told that sometimes it could be sensors from other cars that could throw it out of whack, which may be true, but doesnt seem to be the case here. Any suggestions welcome, TIA.

·
Premium Member
2003 G500, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,099 Posts
Its; true about interference from other systems - I get that periodically with mine. But it is only very brief when it happens (and Toyota Camrys seems to be the worst offenders).

First, I'm not sure if the blind spot system has upgradeable firmware, but if it does, you should make sure you have the latest revision. I that doesn't work (or is not an option), then it seems to me like there might be an issue with the sensor driver module for those sensors. It may need to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts