Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, I need the wiring schematic for blend motor. Large output shaft gear was cracked and I would like to bring the limit switch mounted under orange gear in to initial position befor reinstallation. Need to know what wires on actuator to apply the voltage to to simulate the maximum heat.
Thanks in advance for any help (otherwise $114 my cost at the dealer).

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,105 Posts
Here is the diagram and legend. Wires 5 & 6 are for the motor and 8 and 9 are for the In car Temp Sensor which is part of the Low Range Switch and must be connected before testing

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML320
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 43sqd, your help (as expected) is very much appreciated, that is what I need.
The gear is split but since it is rotating only 90 deg. back and fort, I have attached it to the shaft the way that the bad part will never come to contact with other gears.
Since the thermistor needs to be connected, I will do the alignment of gears while pluged in to car harness with motor cover removed and get the full range movement out of it. I will post pictures later, didn't have my camera with me at work and I used my 1/2 hr. lunch time to take it out. Removed glow compartment and airbag only.
Also thanks Noodles for your help and support.
Bernard

·
Registered
1999 ML320
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple of pictures so others understand what we are talking about.
I had to make a "custom" T-hanle phillips screwdriver (pictured next to the actuator) in order to take out two actuator mouning screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML320
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may be able to by use of inspection mirror, otherwise you will need to remove the air bag, as pictured.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
97 Posts
Thanks............I was hoping to view the linkages moving without removing the AB..........Breaking those clips bothers me

·
Registered
ML320 2002
1,602 Posts
Inspection of the motor and linkages can be done by removing the glovebox. There is a post about this on the useful documents sticky. For any repairs, it is best to remove the top of the dashboard. DIY instructions are posted to the sticky on this forum.

In my opinion, airbag deployment is a controlled explosion. Nobody on this forum would want an accident and erratic deployment of a passenger airbag.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never broke any clips, I welded piece of flat stock to 10mm open wrench to be able to reach rear air bag screws and removed it as whole assembly without unplugging in from electrical system, check my picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts