Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the above head unit in my 1987 300D Turbo.<br>
It is a great unit and I have had no problems up till now. The cd will play for 15 - 30 seconds and then cut out, not at the exact same point, but around the same time. Blaupunkt said clean the lens, then just disconnect power to 'reset' the cd. Having done both, still have same problem. I thought I might not have waited long enough so I disconnected power over night, still does same thing, but I also noticed i did not have to reset the stations so I wonder if I got a true reset.<br>
<br>
Does anyone know how to reset this head unit? It is only 3 months old, but I have a long road trip in 2 days so I cant return it for warranty work.<br>
<br>
Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Check to see if you find the back up battery and pull that out, also disconect both power lines.

Thanks,<br> <br> It is now working fine, I just had to get out<br> of Mercedes troubleshooting mode, and think<br> like I was working on my MG (my other vise)<br> I removed the head unit from the dash, smacked to <br> on the top, and it has now worked fine for 3 days!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts