Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mclare, you did GREAT w/ these photos....the e350 coupe prototype is an VERY appropriate update to a 126c heritage. Looking forward to cascade's shots :D

On a side note, I saw one of the photos of your classic car shots, an Alfa sedan. Funny, because there's indeed a '69 GTV 1750 tucked away in my garage, same color combo. Been neglected after a full restoration completed years ago since I went all-amok on the 126's the last couple years.

Not my actual car, but same year GTV and an earlier year racing-spec Guilia GTA:

Also have a '65 Mustang 289 3spd notchback red/white, very similar to the car in photos. My 107 is getting jealous of all my attention to the AMG lately.

Have any cars like this you have currently sitting in your garage or driveway due to your 126 obsession?

In the same spirit as the Coffee and Cars thread, I always enjoy hearing about other cars since not everyone here *is nor can be* exclusively Mercedes. Your high-school rice burner, maybe? The car your aunt died and left you with?

Post photos if you can, can be internet shots if you don't have any shots handy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
I have an extremely modded Honda 1977 1st gen baby civic rotting into my front lawn.
Set up as a street car with JDM period mods including,Mugen cam ,extractors ,kehn quad throttle bodies, 5speed box,coil overs ,uprated sway bar,enki wheels,half cage, resessed firewall etc etc etc..
Also have been kinda neglecting my 126 at the mo :( playing with my new Nissan Safari LWB High roof Grand road with big tires nudge bars and winch.
4.2ltr diesel costs me nearly half as much to run as the SEC!!!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
These CVCC's are beasts. Ever seen a B16 one?
we didnt get CVCC in NZ ! This engine set up puts out around 120bhp good for over 200kph in a 600kg car :)
In a previous incarnations I also had a city turbo engine and a 1300 EN series engine with twin 38mm dellortos in it.:)

·
Registered
01 G500, 82 300TD, etc
3,832 Posts
Quite the opposite for me actually. Winter's gone and the 300CE comes out to play while the 420SEL sits in the garage. :)

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,498 Posts
No pictures, but I once owned a Honda 600 Sedan. Motocycle engine and the stick shift in the dash. I loved that???car???. It had a gazillion miles on it and I drove it till it literally quit on the way to work one morning. It always had a noise in the top of the engine that no one could find. I think I paid $250 for it and drove it for two years. I kept finding it in the most weird places when I'd park it in town and ride with friends. Weirdest was an old oak Picnic table and the car was placed on top. I simply drug another broken Picknic table to it, Lipped the good end onto the table and laid the other end on the ground. And drove off the table. The good table never even tipped up as the weight shifted to the broken table. Neat little micro car!

I'm neglecting a 1972 Lincoln Mark IV at the moment. It is for sale if anyone wants it.
Cascade says you can land a chopper on the hood.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
48,246 Posts
These CVCC's are beasts. Ever seen a B16 one? I had a '89 and '99 Civic Si, so I appreciate your post, joeSEC.

See this BaT thread? I LOVE this website: Bring A Trailer

Bring A Trailer Honda Sports Lot: 1965 S600 Roadster Project
Cool cars. You must have noticed the 2.6 Alfa roadster in the pics.
A long time ago I used to race hill climbs first with a Lotus Elan, later with an 1600 GTA Autodelta (one of 500).
A buddy in Germany still has his Alfa Red Montreal.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
[!

I'm neglecting a 1972 Lincoln Mark IV at the moment. It is for sale if anyone wants it.QUOTE]

I love that car.The garage not long ennuff to park it do.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Other cars? :confused:

Pikers. :D

I'm neglecting my house, my wife, my kids, my job..... All to feed the demon drug that is the W126 addiction. ;)

Actually, here in the real world, that's just what my wife insinuates every time I try to sneak in a couple of hours in the garage on weekends, after I've done all my chores (the house, the yard, the kids, the laundry....). :eek:

Nice cars. Love the old Alfa Romeos.

I had a '67 Mustang convertible a while back. Nothing like getting what you've always wanted only to find out it is utter rubbish. :(
The car was fun, stylish and all that, but drove not much better than a 1930s model A.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
the new snow mobile.

new Subaru OUtback 2.5i .... mostly sits in the garage.

Except on days like these, on which the Mercedes must NEVER be on the road.

·
Registered
W126, R107, W210 AMG, W221
342 Posts
Other cars? :confused:

Pikers. :D

I'm neglecting my house, my wife, my kids, my job..... All to feed the demon drug that is the W126 addiction. ;)

Actually, here in the real world, that's just what my wife insinuates every time I try to sneak in a couple of hours in the garage on weekends, after I've done all my chores (the house, the yard, the kids, the laundry....). :eek:

Nice cars. Love the old Alfa Romeos.

I had a '67 Mustang convertible a while back. Nothing like getting what you've always wanted only to find out it is utter rubbish. :(
The car was fun, stylish and all that, but drove not much better than a 1930s model A.
Haha, I like your post... :) Sorry for digging up this old thread :)

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is surreal seeing a relatively newer Subaru against these gas prices in the background. And that was the expensive part of town. Seems like eons ago...

The Mustang and 500SL have left the stable (sold overseas), replaced by pure pedigreed horses.

The Alfa remains, tho.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
It is surreal seeing a relatively newer Subaru against these gas prices in the background. And that was the expensive part of town. Seems like eons ago...

The Mustang and 500SL have left the stable (sold overseas), replaced by pure pedigreed horses.

The Alfa remains, tho.

The '08 got replaced. By an '09 Mercury Grand Marquis, seen here,

but due to April daily snowing last year, I went back to another new Outback, this one the '11 PZEV Premium 2.5i.

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
20,259 Posts
Old Alfa's like that are to die for, beautiful. Lucky you. Over here they all got eaten by the rust! There are a few left but you dont really see them about.

·
Registered
1985 190D and an 87 300SDL
27 Posts
Many people wont pay much attention to what sits in my drive mostly ignored, 2006 Honda Insight, can average close to 80 mpg spring, summer and fall, about 65 mpg during the winter. Great car, great mileage ok to drive, but my 190D and 300SDL are just more fun to drive, may not get as good of mileage but more fun to drive and much more comfy. I drive it once a week for the batteries sake but other than that I drive the 190D most of the time and if going a long way the SDL.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Due to personal issues my partner is taking some time off work so I have been forced to cut down on driving the SEC so much ,Runs me about $120 per week in gas as a daily driver ,so i picked up a 96 Mazda Demio
Its quick and cheap to run ,around half the cost of the SEC ,not to mention parts availability and you can even use the back seat unlike the SEC

To close the SEC is expensive to run ,Impractical to drive and expensive to maintain
But when I look at it and drive it ,it my automotive soul mate ( A fun concept for the woman in my life to understand ) :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.