Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gives a nice black matte look but, God help you if you get it on the wheels, body, or window(freak gust of wind). This stuff is impossible to get off. The spots on my window have resisted all my attempts to remove them, and some overspray on my rocker panels looks permanent.:eek:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Great pic Saleen:D
lol. That looks good. Nice choice of wheels on your E.

Did you pick this up at an autozone or something? I may give it a try since I hate the shiny wheel look that most tire shines give. But I'd hate to have this splash up on my body panels and never be able to get it off lol.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wal Mart...

Believe it or not! Just apply it on a calm day or in a garage. I made a cardboard disc that protects my wheels from overspray. This stuff lasts for ages. I spoke to the chemist responsible for this product's development at Black Magic, and he advised me to try mineral spirits to remove the mess. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Believe it or not! Just apply it on a calm day or in a garage. I made a cardboard disc that protects my wheels from overspray. This stuff lasts for ages. I spoke to the chemist responsible for this product's development at Black Magic, and he advised me to try mineral spirits to remove the mess. I will keep you posted.
cool. Frankly I'm sick of buying tire shines that just splash up on the fenders even after letting it dry for a whole night. :(

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
The best thing I have used for tires and rubber in general is Zaino Z-16. I get NO slingoff on my fenders whatsoever. It leaves a nice matte finish, and if you prefer a glossier look, you can apply a second coat to achieve this.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I just ordered one.

If the tire dressing I ordered didn't work I'll try out this stuff.

The best thing I have used for tires and rubber in general is Zaino Z-16. I get NO slingoff on my fenders whatsoever. It leaves a nice matte finish, and if you prefer a glossier look, you can apply a second coat to achieve this.
I've heard good things about Zaino. I'll use it as a last resort if the above two don't do good.

I feel like I hijacked this thread lol. thanks everyone

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I was reading your conversations about to shiny tire shine that throws up all over your car. My suggestion is Adam's V.R.T this stands for Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire Dressing. Like tires that look new, not oily and shiny? You will love our Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire Dressing. Enhance and protect the appearance of plastic, rubber, tires, moldings, and all vinyl surfaces. Adam’s V.R.T. is water-based, and contains no harmful solvents or alcohol. The thick moisturizing cream applies easily with a sponge and will not leave a greasy film, attract dirt, or harm paint and glass. Added U.V. protection keeps vehicle interiors and exteriors looking and feeling like new. Plus it will dry quickly and not throw anything on the body of your car.

Check out the link and let me know if you have any more questions.

V.R.T

Thanks,

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This matte stuff lasts for several weeks and has little to no shine and the price is under $8.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The roads here in Charleston are so bumpy that if I dropped it I would be a ver grumpy Benz owner. It would look sweet, maybe the next time I replace my shocks I will go a little more aggressive.

·
Banned
3,184 Posts
The roads here in Charleston are so bumpy that if I dropped it I would be a ver grumpy Benz owner. It would look sweet, maybe the next time I replace my shocks I will go a little more aggressive.
really? I thought South Carolina, which is considered "country" to most folks, would have nice smooth paved roads. at least that's how they are here and in Mississippi..now Louisiana is a whole different beast. you could lose an oil pan driving thru there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I actually live in a city that is built partly on reclaimed marsh. The whole West side is slowly sinking back into the sea. There are places where the road was built over old pier pylons, and they are now poking into the asphalt causing big bumps in the road.

Back on topic... I just got new tires and first thing I cleaned them really well and carefully put a double coat of matte finish on them, they look great (and no silicon residue)!:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts