Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed it today. Everything went on easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yes, I am. I've seen cars with the 4 fin, but personally I think the 3 fin looks better.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 / 2005 C230 / 2004 E320 4matic wagon
92 Posts
nice...still don't have the star mounted on mine, the friction washers just too small, any tips?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Media as far as how I got the star on, I found a nut in my garage with 3 pieces coming off it. (Kind of looking like the star on the grill). I just screwed it in till the piece on the star threaded and the the 3 pieces were tight on the back on the grill, so that the star was firmly on. I don't know if you can find these nuts at a hardware store or what not. I think I was just really lucky finding this laying around. I can take a picture of it if you would like? You might also want to try just finding a nut to screw all the way down so the star is secure.

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
The three doesnt look bad... but they dont make it in alllll black ;)

And I personally like the way the 4 slats looks with the bottom two slats in the newerish style bumpers. or non AMG ones.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 / 2005 C230 / 2004 E320 4matic wagon
92 Posts
Yeah had to raid the parts bun a few times in the garage to get the star to stay. Man that plastic spike is fragile, wish the star had the same attachments the one on my ML does, make me wonder how "genuine" that part is - not that that really matters to me. Ended up with a self threading nut, that got a little loose at the end, so backed it up with good old silicone. The star isn't going anywhere for now

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really surprises me that the star is given to everyone with no way for it to stay secure. Took me longer to find what to secure the star with than it did to put the grill and flat hood emblem on.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz C230 kopressor
8 Posts
Just installed it today. Everything went on easily.
I have a 04 Mercedes and want to switch out the grill for one like yours. Where can I got one for a good price also I have the mercedes ornament and want to switch it out for a mercedes hood badge do you know where i can find one of those too. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts