Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short- I've replaced the following on this car in an attempt to remedy a rough idle/no revving past 3k rpm issue.

Fuel pump/relay
OVP relay
All vacuum connectors / temp sensors in the head
All blown fuses
Fuel filter
EHA Valve (I think)
Spark plugs

I just got back from being out of town for 5 months. Hooked the car up to jumper cables, it fires right up no issue. Still won't rev past 3k.

I installed a brand new distributor cap, rotor, and new beru wires, and the correct spark plugs.

Now the thing won't even try to turn over. Nothing. No ignition.

What gives?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK- Disregard as I am a fool and the car wasn't in "park". Ive been gone a while now and forgot that this thing does not like to grab park sometime.

But- it ran great. Revved to 5k. That is, until the car warmed up. Then back to sputtering out and surging when idling, etc

What gives? What could be heat related that is restricting fuel

·
Registered
77 Posts
Could be coil. If it was spark should be reddish and weak. Check resistance values from manuals in stickies for coil primary and secondary.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Engine temperature sensor gone bad if its not working as it should ,,and the sensor sends the wrong information to the ecu and it thinks its a cold engine but realty its hot . And the fuel is then made rich .Its like starting a engine up with the old type choke and not pushing the choke back in when engine is warm it splutters and dies.

·
Registered
300 Posts
EHA
Long story short- I've replaced the following on this car in an attempt to remedy a rough idle/no revving past 3k rpm issue.

Fuel pump/relay
OVP relay
All vacuum connectors / temp sensors in the head
All blown fuses
Fuel filter
EHA Valve (I think)
Spark plugs

I just got back from being out of town for 5 months. Hooked the car up to jumper cables, it fires right up no issue. Still won't rev past 3k.

I installed a brand new distributor cap, rotor, and new beru wires, and the correct spark plugs.

Now the thing won't even try to turn over. Nothing. No ignition.

What gives?
"EHA Valve (I think)"
Check battery then check EHA for fuel leaks and replace.

I had the same rough idle symptoms on my 1988 300sel (w126)

Purchased a brand-new EHA Valve thru FCP Euro.

Like a brand-new car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts