Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Cadillac driver for most all my life. I’ve had a recent experience driving a Mercedes and felt it was time to switch. I enjoy a big car but yet affordable. Not wanting to spend my life saving, I’ve decided to start off with an older car. I’ve just purchased a 2003 S-500 sedan. I was use to all the bells and whistles and the 500 offered all of them and then some. Everyone is telling me this was a mistake, that the maintenance is too expensive. You guessed it, they’ve never owned Cadillac either. I’m not sure if there is a car made that offered luxury that isn’t overall somewhat pricey to maintain. I’m ready for the challenge.
I’ll be searching the board for a lot of advice. Starting with the Keyless Go cards that are not with the vehicle. I’ve already found acquiring these may be an expensive toy I may not need. I’m just annual when it comes to buttons that don’t work or do anything at all. What would be a Big help is what are some basic essential maintenances I can do that will assure fewer trips to the shop?
Thanks in advance for the Welcomes. I’ll take any and all advice you have to offer. Except “don’t buy the car” that’s been done.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts