Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300D Turbo
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was browsing through ebay today and found a guide for $5.99 on how to convert your car to run on biodiesel. Does this really work or is this guy full of crap? It would be pretty cool (and economical) to convert but i'm not sure if its true or not. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2430331246 anyways... there's the link in case anyone wants to check it out.

·
Registered
83 300TD/97 E320/98 SL500
105 Posts
No conversion required

if you're running biodiesel- it should be compatible with everything (someone correct me if I'm wrong). To run straight or waste vegetable oil, you need dual tanks, one for petro diesel and one for vege oil- you start and end each drive with petro diesel.

I've heard of people mixing straight vege oil with petro diesel in warmer months w/o problems too.

my $0.02

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Biodiesel

Biodiesel is huge just about everywhere! My dad could sit down here and write you out about 20 pages of the hows and whys, but luckily he's busy [;)]. Check out www.biodiesel.org/ lots o'info and right now a 123 on the front page! Supposedly they've started mixing bio with real diesel (like they started putting ethenol in gas) all over the country. I hear there is a certain type of bio available now that they pull the glycerin out and it can be mixed and run w/ diesel at any level.
http://www.biodiesel.org/resources/biodiesel_basics/
explains it better than I could.
Really cool stuff! I just sold my 79 TD to a guy who started a biodiesel firm in Ithaca NY for him to use as his flagship car!!

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Bio Diesel

Well guys, the main attraction is "free" veggie oil, right? What happens when McDonalds and Burger King go to salads only? The way things are going we are going to an all vegetarian diet. Soybean extract and cornoil will be the staples at your local BP station.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.