Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'85 300 CD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've heard of it before, just this morning on NPR a guy bragged about running his old Mercedes diesel on 100% biodiesel fuel. He loves it, it's cleaner, it's smoother, and (most importantly) it smells like french fries.

What are peoples' experience with biodiesel? Anything to look out for when making the switch? (www.biodiesel.org mentions possible engine modifications and the need to check/flush/replace filters frequently during a switch to biodiesel.) Any love stories or horror stories?

thanks

·
Registered
1980 300D
5 Posts
I don't know muck about it but I have heard that you need some sort of heating element , exspecialy in colder climates so the fule does not conjeal.

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
Biodiesel is perfectly fine - I know a few who have done it. The main thing you need to as...

Biodiesel is perfectly fine - I know a few who have done it. The main thing you need to ask yourself is why? If you really want to do it, by all means! Pretty much all you need is a heated fuel tank (they sell them from 9 gallons all the way up to 50 Gallons). To me it just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff. If diesel fuel was $4/gal here I could see, but the way it is now, I don't the advantage of it - but that's just my own "2 cents".

·
Registered
1980 300D
5 Posts
Re: Biodiesel is perfectly fine - I know a few who have done it. The main thing you need to as

It is about the fact that we rely to much on fossel fules in this country. That is why we are going to war right know over oil. If we could eliminate the use, or as much use as possibale, of petoleum it would help are world be a better place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.