Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Vito 108 CDI
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

have a 2001 108 CDI, and was thinking about the VAT and the rise of fuel price coming soon, will the vito run on bio-diesel (chippy oil) ?

I used to have a mark IV golf tdi running on bio-diesel, never had any problem, beside the smell :)

Cheers

·
Registered
2000 Vito 110CDI (never should have sold it), Current project 1999 V220 Ambient
379 Posts
I used to run my astra 1.7 tdi on waste veg oil with no problems using a home made twin tank conversion with heat exchanger.

It has been my intention to do something similar with my 110cdi but I have been put off because the fuel system on these engines is so much more complicated. I should have got a 108d I guess.

I have been toying with getting an Elsbett kit ELSBETT-OnlineShop the price is a bit steep for my liking (about a 3rd of the value of the van) then again 10 tanks of fuel and it will have paid for itself.

Ideally I would like to hear from someone else who has already fitted one

·
Registered
1998 e300td Estate
14 Posts
Hello
Im running my S reg 108d on new veg oil its running fine on 50/50 even in this cold weather!
I run 80/20 when its warmer but I always flush it through when empty with a tenners worth of diesel and millers fuel treatment!
good write up here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-class/1329260-veg-oil-saves-planet-cheap.html
My mate is a chef so I can get new oil for £10 for 20L :) When supplies are low its £14 At Makro!
Huge savings in the last year with no performance decrease at all (not that i have any running a slow 108d) :)
These silly diesel prices are a joke so I can cope with the slow speed and the lovely smell
Hope this helps All the very best for the new year
Regards
Lee

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,481 Posts
Been using the bio since last summer on and off....have'nt used it over the winter as its harder to start (especially with no glow plugs..:))..but i'm going to do a 50/50 tomorrow....
Same guy is selling re-claimed petrol...costs about 80p/ltr...Chevy van goes great on it....:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts