Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Bilstein vs Koni shocks? I'm looking to improve the harsh ride of the factory shocks on my 2006 G55 and looking towards one of the two. Looking for primarily comfort for street use (although normal street use can be considered off-road sometimes in Nigeria lol). Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 G500 (soon)
70 Posts
G500 shocks are much smoother than G55
for bad roads there I suggest Bilstein B6
all around of course

·
Registered
2000 G300TD
24 Posts
Depends what do you mean by "ride quality".
On my G300TD I have blue Eibach/ORC springs with Koni Raid shocks. Springs are softer than OEM but longer. You gain more stroke and on softer settings it seems to be more comfy than OEM. Koni Raid/Heavy Track dampers are longer as well and are adjustable (easy to do it by yourself, with a little practice it takes me 40 minutes to readjust all 4 outdoors) so you can set your ride to your preferences/conditions. I've tried Old Man Emu and Ironman sets before and in my opinion Koni is better (50/50 on- and offroad). You have to remember, that G suspension is 70's technology and it's impossible to obtain onroad damping and comfort like modern cars. Tried it with my wife's G320 cabrio and even air ride didn't do the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts