Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I replaced my OEM shocks with the Bilstein HD Shocks. They do not take the bumps smoothly. I hear a loud bump when going over bumps of all sizes in the rear, as if my rear mounts were lose. They are not. But its that kind of sound. When driving on roads that are level with no bumps, the car drives/feels great.

I have replaced everything under the car. Shocks, ball joints, front and rear wheel bearings, control arm bushing for the front. Shock dampener, Idler arm bushings and 2x drag link. All with-in the last 9 months. I just don't think my car should feel this rough over bumps. Not with this much work done to the front end. The only thing I have not done are the springs...

Q--Should the Bilstein HD (not sports) shocks be different colors? Fronts are Yellow and black and the rear are all black. The guys at the shop installed my shocks incorrectly. I was starting to think that maybe this is reason. The back was extremely bouncy for two days after the work was done. They put the rear shocks upfront. Could this error cause the rough ride I am feeling?

·
Registered
19 Posts
same thing happen to my, i thought it was because the installation were wrong except i have the h&r lowering spring and bilstein, they are pretty rough when hit bump, but handling are really good when taking corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts