Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
V220 CDI 2003
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just out of interest how many of our friends here are Bike owners and trackday go'ers, there seems to be a lot of vito owners with bikes.
I ALWAYS wanted a bike but never got round to it, and wish I could, but don't really know how/where to start.
I have seen some stunning pictures from one of our friends on the forum on the track and was REALLY IMPRESSED.

Come on lads lets get some bike info, a few pics of what ur riding and some tracky pics on this thread to educate me on this subject, and maybe a few others.:thumbsup:

:bowdown:

·
Registered
V220 CDI 2003
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heres our friend AJAY.... jammy so & so! ... LOL :thumbsup:

Bike is a Honda Cbr600FW tuned race engine by Dave stephenson( Ex phill McCallen tuner ) micron exhaust, LTP seat unit

Attachments

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,479 Posts
Heres my trakky........zx7r with home made twin underseat xhausts, gsxr body bits.....you like.....havent had a chance so far to get out on her, hopefully after my hols though......the others a gsxr 750 streetfighter and of course most importantly my Vito..

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
I used a ZX12R last year but have moved over to a Daytona for this year, there are some picci's at www.ncmcc.co.uk. Last year we did Mallory, Pembrey, Silverstone GP, Oulton Park GP and Brands. Some of our group did Snetterton at the end of last year but didn't rate it that highly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got an Aprilia Tuono....said to the wife "need to buy something to carry my bike in, and bought the 155." she said " but you sold your ZX-6", I said "good point, let me buy this Tuono then". Will post piccy as soon as my Laptop gets repaired, again (17 days out of warranty and the motherboard dies!!)

Just did a trackday at one of the smaller national circuits, utter blast. I am walking like a man who has run 100 miles ([email protected], I am unfit!)

Jokes aside, a factor in getting the Vito was certainly that I could get a bike in the back and can sleep in it on far away track days. I hired a BMW650 Dakar for a holiday trip and took the Dakar home in the Vito so it certainly works on that front.

Another mate of mine who visits this forum as a guest, he has a 115 with a KTM Superduke to fill the back.

Sarge, what ya waitiong for, off to the shops and put your money down.

·
Registered
V220 CDI 2003
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Gixxerpat - THAT, is one beautiful machine mate.

@ Walsi & Rufus - Sorry but its no good telling me names of these machines because I haven't got a clue, please forgive me for that, if you can then please load pics of your bikes with listings of specs for them.

Let me tell you, the ONLY bike experience I have ever had was a Yamaha 100cc bike over in asia about 23 years ago, while on a holiday!

I havent got a budget for a bike but I'm sure as hell gonna fight my corner for one :D

@ Ugly1171 - If you don't mind can we have the pics on the thread instead of links elsewhere, this is because the links break and then nobody can see the pics, use the 'manage attachments' button and add the links matey.....NICE machines though !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sarge, for your benefit

Wot Gixxerpat is being coy about is the loads of work his track bike has taken. He has taken a Kawasaki ZX-7(750cc) (which normally has a single exhaust on one side) and given it an exhaust coming under the seat (BTW - is that long pipe route not killing your power?). He has also taken the race fairings from a newer Suzuki GSXR (hence his name) and grafted that onto the ZX- looks pretty cool...oh and he has recently bought shares in Autosol!

Walsi's bike, well he has sold up his 1200cc hypersports bike, capable of speeds nearing 200mph!! in favour of a very nice sounding 3 cylinder example of british engineering in the form of a Truimph.
Our mate Ayjay looks like he is no slouch on his Honda CBR, take a look at his fairing, its shown serious wear from tar interface!

The Tuono is a naked (no fairing) 1000cc twin (Italian and hence Pats snide remarks...hahah)...pics will have to wait a wee bit

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,479 Posts
Its a sickness with me rufus, i just cant leave things alone........the pipes not a problem ,being 46 is.......more uumph than i can keep up with...Autosol..how very dare you...never use the stuff, i polish with a mop ,and when it gets dull i do it again, and again.........

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks rufus for the discriptions, Sarge for your benefit the ZX12R is 1200cc, 189bhp at the back wheel, loads of tuning done including real time onboard fuel map logging. I have used it for sprinting aswell as track days, with the right gearing it will pull just over 200mph and also do a 10sec quarter mile. The daytona was bought because it sounded so sweet (3 cylinder) and was a lot lighter than the 12 so should be less of handfull on track days. The 12 could destroy a back tyre in 500miles and would only manage 20mpg when ridden hard but it was worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
V220 CDI 2003
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Walsi - 2 more beautiful machines mate..:thumbsup:

I havent even got a bike licence and I can't see me handling anything like the power of what looks like these machines are capable of...then again cos I ain't had one, I suppose being honest they frighten me a little....maybe its 'learner' nerves. Whats the costs involved then?

I mean which bikes do you think are suitable for me, and how much should I be looking to pay for them?
What about all the restrictions of being a learner?

Sorry to ask what maybe silly questions to guys, but I know absolutely nothing about any bike at all, just love the sexy looks of them, and what I imagine the excitement of riding them is like.

I think I got a secret biker inside of me who is screaming to get out!...LOL

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sarge everyone has a secret biker inside them, as for what the law requires your best bet would be to go to your local bike CBT instructors and use there bikes to start with and go from there. You can hire a bike from them to do your test on and then you will have a rough idea as to what bike you want eg: fast slow crusier or pocket rocket. just look in your yellow pages for cbt instructors or enquire at your local bike shop

·
Registered
311 Posts
gixxerpat said:
Its a sickness with me rufus, i just cant leave things alone........the pipes not a problem ,being 46 is.......more uumph than i can keep up with...Autosol..how very dare you...never use the stuff, i polish with a mop ,and when it gets dull i do it again, and again.........

Gixxer, me and u both, I get bored in a flash - ALWAYS tinkering, if they ever come up with a cure,,,,,dont tell me about it.

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI 03, Fazer 1000,
60 Posts
rufus said:
Our mate Ayjay looks like he is no slouch on his Honda CBR, take a look at his fairing, its shown serious wear from tar interface!
Another cbr pic from a different angle,

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
@ Ugly1171 - If you don't mind can we have the pics on the thread instead of links elsewhere, this is because the links break and then nobody can see the pics, use the 'manage attachments' button and add the links matey.....NICE machines though.

Sarge,
Every time i try to post pictures i get told they're too big & i don't know how to make 'em small enough to post.
If anyone offers advice how to do it, please keep it very simple......

Ugly

PS at the risk of upsetting the fellow bikey boys, the golden rule when it comes to bikes is "any more than two strokes is masturbation!" LOL

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI 03, Fazer 1000,
60 Posts
And this is the bike i use on the road,
Yamaha Fazer Thou,
Ivan's jet kit,
4 degree ignition advancer,
Ported inlets,
Blue Flame twin spout titanium exhaust.
Renthal ultra low bars,
Ohlins steering damper.