Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 G400 cdi swb
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size tyres can you fit under the wheel arches before thing start rubbing, i want to fit offroad tyres maybe simex?

·
Registered
1988 300 GD STT LWB
585 Posts
33x11.5 or 285/75/16 will fit without rubbing. My setup with 460 truck on 463 rims with spacers does not rub at all with 285/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's. To fit anything bigger you should concider some lift allthough the Icelandic guys in here run 35's without lift. Mind you, icelandic guys also bury shark flesh to make it rot and eat it as a delicacy... (I once had a neighbour from Iceland, dinners at his place were ...interesting... and I've ruined more than one pair of pants from crawling home on my knees due to the Svartadaudir liquor) [;)]

·
Registered
265 Posts
This has been the source for heated discussion here...
Search for "lift" and possibly "tire" and "gear" and you find that out...

It seams those who dont cut fenders can use 33".
By minor fender cutting you can mount 35"-36"
Tire width and rim widt/bacspacing is also playing a part here
With the right "tin can opener" a few pieces of sheet metal and a welder you can "cut your way" to mount 38".
Big radius and wide fender flares are prefered to cover the bigger fender openings and wider tires.
Longer coils alone do not allow use of bigger tires.
Tjærand - 5/9/2005 10:32 PM
Mind you, icelandic guys also bury shark flesh to make it rot and eat it as a delicacy... (I once had a neighbour from Iceland, dinners at his place were ...interesting... and I've ruined more than one pair of pants from crawling home on my knees due to the Svartadaudir liquor) [;)]
Blackdeath and cured shark are delicate products but should be consumed in "respectful manner" and right proportions.
-It seams you have gotten to deep into the Blackdeath bottle without attacking the shark. [:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts