Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a trip to Home Depot and saw mulches were on special offer, so I bought 12 bags. Each bag contains 2cuft of mulch. The trunk easily accommodated 10 bags and I put the remaining two bags in passenger footwell after moving the passenger seat all the way back.

I couldn't stop grinning after I was able to fit so much in the trunk and noticing incredulous faces of other shoppers as I loaded the bags in my freshly washed car.

I had to vacuum the passender side, and in the trunk I lay a 3'x5' rubber backed mat so the cleaning was a snap.

What's the most unusual thing or most you have stuffed in the trunk of your W126?

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
A lot of suitcases. In the winter, I have six bags of 40lbs dried dog food and still had room for fair amount of grocery.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,241 Posts
dead people

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,448 Posts
26 boxes of Prego type flooring into the '87 560SEL. When I was done, only six went into the back seat and the lady in the Cadillac nearby applauded because she too couldn't believe it all went into the car. I did have enough sense to start the engine half way through the load so that the hydraulic rear suspension could keep up. We drove away level.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The trunk is big but not the biggest I seen. The trunk from our old Volvo 740 was wayyy bigger than the 126 trunk.[8)]

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
4 snowboards, equipment (boots and suits), and overnight baggage for 4 people in my SEC trunk (without having to pull any of my stereo equipment or NOS tank out).

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
naomilla - 4/17/2005 9:55 AM

What's the most unusual thing or most you have stuffed in the trunk of your W126?
The most unusual items I’ve placed in my boot (trunk) were a few bags of cement mix, and three topiary trees. Of course, I laid out a few blankets prior to putting that stuff into my boot. [;)]

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
cyberdrakon - 4/17/2005 6:43 AM

4 snowboards, equipment (boots and suits), and overnight baggage for 4 people in my SEC trunk (without having to pull any of my stereo equipment or NOS tank out).
where you snowboadring since you in cali?

btw where ya at in cali?

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,110 Posts
Not in my 560 SEC, but...

* Four Heckler Koch AG3, 7.62 mm fully automatic assault rifles
* Two MG-42 machine guns.
* Four Walther P38 9mm pistols
* Four Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers.
* Box of handgrenades (mix of shock and splinter).
* 4,000 rounds of ammo.

I was at the Officer School of the Royal Norwegian Air Force and we had weekend leave.
The idea was to have a little fun on the Saturday and take guns to a machine shop I had access to on the Sunday for deep cleaning in a machine parts washer.

Good thing we did not get pulled over by the police. I'd still be serving time.....
The assault rifles, the pistols and the ammo would have been fine. The machine guns, the RPGs and the handgrenades would have been a BIG problem.

Oh, well, young and foolish.

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
i have had two chicks use my fully empty trunk as a quick changing room for changing bikini's at beach.. it may not accomodate men well but slim and small chicks go in well easy [:D]

ohh and im talking abt 560sel

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Snowboarding at mountain high. wanted to go to big bear and mammoth, but too late for that now.

I am in LA most of the time, sometimes in riverside.

·
Registered
1991 560SEL
34 Posts
5 golf bags & 5 pull carts in the trunk, 5 6'2"-6'7", 220-325lb men in the seats... and we all were comfortable!

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
All my Porsche engine racing parts to and from the machine shop. ie Engine cases, cyl heads, cam towers, crankshaft, pulleys flywheel ect

The car is a creampuff though too cheap to take the F350 Dually 8MPG

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A local toy store was having a closeout sale so I just took a peek... and ended up buying a Brio Train set complete with a table (about 3 feet by 4.5 feet). The trunk took in almost the whole package, but in all fairness, it was a few inches too long and I could not slide the table in all the way, leaving the trunk lid ajar, tied down with the string to keep it from bouncing. Still, it was amazing to see the trunk almost gobble it up, defying the expectations of bystanders.

not the exact same table, but you get the idea - BTW, the package came with padding all around so it was even bigger.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
10/4! i got a 78 caprice and that trunk is HUUGE!

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
Lets see, 6 bags (50 lbs each) of chicken feed and I still had plenty of room. The most awkward item was a satellite dish as well as a folded cage (All in one trip) as well as a whole bunch of miscellaneous items.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts