Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a transmission fluid change on my 98 clk320. Used all original parts/fluid. Drove out of the shop, and as soon as the car reaches fourth gear, it goes to neutral. They say it is going to cost over $1500 to fix. What could the problem be? I have to leave the shifter in 3rd gear if I want to drive the car at all because after third it goes into neutral. Car has 86k miles

Also downshifts feel like a strong boom.

I NEED HELP!!!

·
Registered
BMW 740iL
32 Posts
Duh? Take it back to the shop

Sounds like an un-scrupulous shop to me. Was this a Benz dealer? If not, why would you use non-benz (costs)? If so, I can understand. Did someone refer you to the shop? If not, why did you use them (costs)? I can not understand that. Looks like they caused the issue (changed some settings incorrectly on the chip). Take the car back and demand it be done right or take it to a benz dealer to correct. In all cases retain the receipt (sounds like your going to need it in court).

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problem....

said it was the valve body? is it possible that it could be the valve body or is it most likely a computer issue because the check engine electronics light is on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts