Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Mr.

Mercedes Benz is one of the classy luxuries cars in the world, in our region it is the favorite brand and most desirable car.

Recently I decide to buy the latest model of my favorite brand and I went to Qurqash showroom in Dubai, Sh. Zayed road to buy the S class 500 AMG, last March 21 2009.

I clearly state to the sales representative that I want car model 2009 manufactured in 2009 plus other specific features detailed with the sales representative in the mentioned show room. and I agreed to pay the full price in cash.

I was excited to start driving my new car, but when I receive my car I was shocked that the engine is not stable, the engine shut down by itself several times, that I had to call the recovery to pick up the car from the road several times and take it to the dealer to check the problems. Sometimes, the engine was re-starting again by itself. Also it creates large noise when I switch on the car and the whole car was shaking.

The front tyer also shake and create noise, while the back seat was not probably in place, it was not fully attached to the body! The AC and the heater were not functioned.

The gear is another story, when I want to move the car it doesn’t allow me to move to D unless I press break strongly more than once.

Moreover, no USP system installed although I asked for it in my order.

Fuel consumption is very high, the car heat very quickly. The mobile phone is not working. The hydraulic system was not working probably. As sometimes it work and others it didn’t.

The driving wheel also had its own problems, the cover came out several times and I had to put it back again!!

When I converted the car to S – speed driving, it gear create load noise when it change from 1 to 2 and so on.

The safety system was not working, I was wearing the seat belt but the error peep kept alarming that I’m not wearing it!

I was really disappointed with the car I received. It’s been 3 weeks that I’m going to the showroom and trying to meet the owner Mr. Shehab Qerqash who refuse to see me. Other managers they refuse to solve the problem, and said you have to deal with the sale representative who sold you the car, who I heard that they already fired him.

I got really frustrated and when I called the Middle East office, a lady called “Hanan” who I sent her an Email and fax, she hang up on me after she said: this is your problem, fix it with the dealer!

The dealer office “legal affairs” also inform me that I’m free to go to the court if I wish!

They check the car once and they report that there is no fault, when I talked to them again saying I still suffer from the car they didn’t even offer to fix the problem, and they ignored me.

Finally, I went and deliver the car to the service and asked them to change it with brand new car.

Who would take responsibility if I had an accident with the faulty defected car they gave me???

Is that realist? I ordered specific features and state that I need specific model, I pay the full amount in cash, and this is the kind of service I receive.

The way they show disrespect is not acceptable at all.

Honestly, I regret purchasing this car.

if no action would be taken, I had to continue working in the law suit issue and I’m arranging the case with my lawyer, I believe it is my right to have the car that I ordered. The dealer has the obligation to change the car and give me the one that I ordered as I’m not accepting the one they cheated me with.

I’m writing you for your kind action.

I’m looking forward to hear from you soon.

Car Details:

Eng.NO: 27396130306006
Chass No.: WDDNG71X79A277618

Regards,

[email protected]

mobail : +971506669838

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
If that is real, the car must have been in an accident or something similar and fixed for you.

This car was not built 2009 but (very) late 2008. When did you order the car?

Then again, this isn't any MB issue but an issue with your dealer (unfortunately MB does not look too much after their dealers, I guess they don't have the resources). You should get the car you ordered.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Are they still making the 500 overseas... I thought the 550 was everywhere.
I'm not aware of any place where they would have changed it from 500 to 550 as in the US, can you name some? At least Europe is still 500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If that is real, the car must have been in an accident or something similar and fixed for you.

This car was not built 2009 but (very) late 2008. When did you order the car?

Then again, this isn't any MB issue but an issue with your dealer (unfortunately MB does not look too much after their dealers, I guess they don't have the resources). You should get the car you ordered.

order 10/03/2009

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Khaliduk:

From the VIN number the car is a 2009. I don't know what you contracted with the dealer, but this is what you should clear up.

In your Owner's Manual you should find the data to contact the Mercedes Regional Office. If you contact their principal and get them to mediate with the dealer they probably could help you solve the problem. Find somebody rational who would hear both parts and offer a solution to the problem.

My opinion: Next time buy the car in a country that backs up what it is written in the contracts.

Peace and good luck, JV

·
Registered
2005 SL500, 2011 GL350
427 Posts
It sounds like you got screwed. The dealer has deliberately unlooded a lemon on you and is giving your the runaround on fixing or replacing it. They have made it clear that they are not going to deal with you. You will need to depend upon the courts and whatever consumer laws there are in Dubai. Good luck.

Is there another dealership anywhere near? Maybe they can help make it right under the terms of the warranty.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,417 Posts
there is no such thing as an S500 AMG!!! :eek:

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
I agree that this is a matter for the courts. If both Mercedes corporate and the Dealer fail to show any interest in assisting you and if there is no lemon law in Dubai, your best bet is to let the law work for you. There is noway this is acceptable and any competent court should force the dealer to give you a replacement vehicle.

·
Registered
W215-CL500, W208-CLK320, W140-300SE
630 Posts
Datacard for VIN WDDNG71X79A277618 is not found
1) VIN was misspelled in the request form;
2) VIN was erroneously read from vehicle body or documents;
3) VIN is not of an original vehicle and was forged by criminals;
4) The vehicle was produced in late 2005 or 2006, and is not included yet in our database

1 - 17 of 17 Posts