Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
mines completely gone

might start cutting making the threads over on MB world and transfer stuff over there if this place isnt sorted out
I think this is going to have to be the solution , mbworld forum software is far better and there’s no way they are gojng to abandon this new forum software here .

It will take a coordinated effort for all the premier w126 members to migrate to mbworld for it to become the new place to go , but if we are concerted in our effort it could work

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I've always liked the peach parts (pelican parts now) site.. Good people and easy to use

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
forgot about them...tho i buy from pelican

·
Registered
107 Posts
Computer crashed just before Dorian made its way to the Bahamas. Just got it back. All fine here in Vero Beach because the hurricane walloped Grand Bahama and Abaco islands, then scooted north. Please give a thought and, if you can, a donation to the folks in the Bahamas.

Meanwhile, I still do not understand Alabama or Brexit and most of the new web site. I still want my old avatar back, and am looking forward to becoming accustomed to the newness eventually. Cheers to all.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I don't mind the ads. But, I lost all the threads I started from 2014 to now. Which is a lot. For example, I have an ongoing issue w/my transmission and I had to start a new thread, explain to people what all I've done and why and the results. It's been a PITA>

Also, my screen has the entire thread and all its posts in a white background. With no clear delineation. Studies show reading digitally results in people skipping some 30% of the information. I'm missing waaaaay more than that. I find myself now missing entire posts because I can't tell if its a new post or part of a faded signature. I don't know what's a post and what isn't. I don't know who said what where in a thread anymore. That's terrible.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I don't mind the ads. But, I lost all the threads I started from 2014 to now. Which is a lot. For example, I have an ongoing issue w/my transmission and I had to start a new thread, explain to people what all I've done and why and the results. It's been a PITA>
--Has anybody heard lately from Crickit or others about the supposed fixes that were coming? Its called a status report. I know what with Alabama and Brexit, people might get distracted, but it would be nice to see something.

--I do notice that googling the subject (high idle, tranny issues, fuel distributors, brake pads etc etc and Benzworld) seems to bring up old threads that often have interesting info and others that are out of date. I guess if you keep your 126 a long time, many issues do repeat.

·
Registered
61,610 Posts

·
SuperModerator
13,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah that was the last one. Search is being worked on we're told. I saw a version that looked much better but not ready yet.

So many broken links though.

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
I should have been more clear and say if you have issues, questions or complaints, the community forum is where you need to post at -or read- since that is the only one the admins are monitoring and being active at.

They can't check every comment in every forum of the site.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I found the communityhelp forum, but there was no box like this to post a reply. remember I am a computer doofus. However, it does seem most of my concerns are being addressed.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
About this Discussion
72 Replies
34 Participants
GreenT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing