Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Cricket will save us. Yeah she is from Texas,

Discussion Starter • #11 4 days ago

I will be here throughout your transition to the new platform, to help with any questions, help with navigation or how to do things. Your feedback so please keep your questions coming.

My name is Cricket. When I was born, my father told his friends I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen, and that I sounded just like a cricket (yes, the insect) so I have been Cricket for nearly 58 years now. I live just outside of San Antonio, Texas and spend most of my off time out in nature. I spend my vacation, in the fall, hiking and tent camping.

I have worked with VerticalScope for nearly 5 years now. I won't always know the answers to your questions, but I can find someone who does, as needed. ;)

- Cricket

:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here is what I will send to Cricket as soon as I figure out how.

Not only from Texas, but San Antonio where my Frankfurt American High School had its 50th class reunion and it and the town were terrific. I notice a lot of changes in the W126 Forum and complaints which I am sure will mostly be addressed. My like is the increased speed. My dislikes are that the avatar doesn't really show anything and I liked the old ones , especially mine which combined by favorite pub with my favorite wheels; the pages are too short and scroll through too quickly and I agree with some of the other observations (search function, connecting threads). Other things are mystifying because I am a complete computer doofus, but am sure that with patience it can be figured out (me and Limo Emu, which I guess we will have to explain to non-US members unless they watch CNN international).

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
If you want Cricket to see your posts/suggestions/complaints etc just post in this thread.

It is being monitored by the administrators.

·
SuperModerator
13,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yes this thread is the one to post in for feedback. Cricket is assigned from the tech team (amongst others but Cricket is the main conact for this purpose) and is looking for feedback of any kind. https://www.benzworld.org/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.3035662/page-4#post-17871753

I would agree with Stewpot, i do like the extra speed, which has always been the main complaint. Avatars are indeed rubbish now. Theres some other stuff, but for myself I don't mind change if its for the good. It kinda hurts my head at the moment but I'm hoping once I'm used to it it will bebetter than before.

By the way, search shoudl be improving as time goes on, we are told. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
I've been a paid member for over decade and I must say this renovation is very off-putting and I will be using this forum less.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ok. Glad to know Cricket and Bump and others are monitoring this thread. One question and one more thought and one more plea:

o what is the deal with sign in password? So far I have only been asked once to sign in (and not this time); and

o A shout out to all the Members who have helped me and others over the past two years to better understand the W126 (all the way from the diff between Gen I and Gen II to solving high idle hell) and keeping mine going (just passed 300,000 miles as a daily driver). That group knowledge is to valuable to give up on.

o Fix avatars. I love to look at other cars and admit to admiring some of the other curvy ones.

·
SuperModerator
13,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
ok. Glad to know Cricket and Bump and others are monitoring this thread.

As Ian and others have indicated, there is only one thread regarding issues that is being monitored. Place your comments there...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Folks, I can only echo the pain expressed in this thread... One thing I can help with is ads - if you're on Chrome just install "ublock" which removes ads, and will give you clean & sanitized user interface.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I have ad block on my desktop. Never got one for phone

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
The BW tab on my Chrome browser has a little "(9)" there and I have no idea what it means. Messages? Likes? Can't find the Messages area, no idea where Like's has gone to, or where "Quoted" is either. Help?

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
The BW tab on my Chrome browser has a little "(9)" there and I have no idea what it means. Messages? Likes? Can't find the Messages area, no idea where Like's has gone to, or where "Quoted" is either. Help?

Click on your avatar on the top right corner and a drop down menu will show you all your notifications. I suspect all those are alerts.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,077 Posts
I used adblock and adblock + for years. My CISSP son recommended uBlock Origin, it works very well and it's easiest to whitelist.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Let's hope we will able to do searches for 126 posts that do not include posts for the other models. Without that = pita.

·
SuperModerator
13,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yes search needed to get better, but worse. We are told that the search function is going to improve with updates, if it does that would be good.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
About this Discussion
72 Replies
34 Participants
GreenT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing