Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
agreed, i goto mb world for non 126 info, but here is king for 126 fix this please

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wow my avatar is all blurry . great

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Some of the things I’m not too keen on:
  • big floating bar on top (title with search) that takes up about a 1/3 of the screen on my mobile
  • on mobile at least, you can’t directly jump to the last post. You have to enter the thread first, then click “jump to latest”
  • instead of showing timestamps (ex: 8/21/19 8:10pm) it shows a relative time (“a moment ago” or “two hours ago”)
  • lots of dead white space and oversized buttons
If it was possible to have a classic theme, I think that would solve just about all the problems. But someone would need to do that work

Hoping people still post here often! This isn’t anywhere near as bad as Drupal, but change is change

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
While I do find the adds that show up, basically looking like posts to be very irritating. I do appreciate the massive speed boost to the site.

Still, I find myself liking the forums that use a more plain Jane format. Sites such as peachparts for example. Simple and easy to navigate.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I'm hoping to find the "search" function as there are so many posts I like to revisit that have helped me in the past solve many issues with these classics. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
880 Posts
How do you get the last post to be listed 1st on the 1st page like the old fucked up system that just had to be replaced for whatever?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
mines completely gone

might start cutting making the threads over on MB world and transfer stuff over there if this place isnt sorted out

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
I can't even figure out how to edit my own profile/signature etc now as no "User" link provided for edit function?
Before it was so easy to make prfile changes as required to update.
The previous website format was great and very user fiendly
Such a shame they have now f***cked it up

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Super annoying how you can't look up threads started by a specific member any more. It used to be so easy to click through their porfile and the onto their list of threads....

·
Registered
43 Posts
All of these complaints need to go somewhere they will be noticed.
In the off topic section, there is a thread about the change, and it has a poll.
I think it's in our best interests to bombard that thread, I have (once)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
there must be a direct contact of some one or some group in charge....who are they please?

I wonder if gerry from 500e forum would help us fix banzworld LOL or maybe henriq will take us

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Super annoying how you can't look up threads started by a specific member any more. It used to be so easy to click through their porfile and the onto their list of threads....
There is a "filter" selection in the upper left hand section where you can enter a specific user id. You can tell it to sort by date and then scroll through the list. Not extremely efficient but it gets the job done.
Also, you can do a Google search with the user id and key words. Many Board Members have used Google search as their preferred tool for many years.
Good luck.

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
In the off topic section, there is a thread about the change, and it has a poll.

This is the thread everyone should read and post in...

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,832 Posts

Go to the Community Help forum. It's the only one Admin is monitoring. Her name is Cricket.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Well, they made a dog's breakfast of it didn't they? It won't last long unless it is changed. But, then, maybe that is the point. The numbers were in the toilet after the login catastrophe.

·
Registered
61,610 Posts
I wonder if gerry from 500e forum would help us fix banzworld LOL or maybe henriq will take us

Gerry went down the same road...

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
About this Discussion
72 Replies
34 Participants
GreenT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing