Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I checked the tire, suspension, and braking forum but didn't find much for the w220. From what I can find, there are 2 (possibly 3) readily available aftermarket options for the S

Brembo
StopTech
RennTech?

Anyone have personal experience with either kit on a w220?

Anyone done an oem upgrade? Like w221 S65 or w220 S55 calipers and rotors on a w220 S430 or S500?

Any other options that I'm missing?

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
i did a rear upgrade for the S430. Used the cross drilled rotors and calipers/carriers from the 2004 S55 AMG. It was pretty straight forward and plug and play. The difference in braking power was noticeable as well!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you got the parts from a wrecker? How much did you end up spending when all said and done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did not do the upgrade for my car, i did it for a friends S430. I have friends in dismantling business so i went out to the their yard and pulled the brake/calipers/pads myself and my friend ended up paying $300......so $150 per side just because i know the owners. Then i installed it for him for some of his knowledge in exchange!

Don't quote me on that price, because i am sure that dismantlers would ask more for a rear setup off of S55 or S65 plus the fee to take them off. It also depends if you are willing to do the swap yourself or take it to the mechanic and make him do it. Go ahead and call Potomac German Auto, they are great people with a lot of late model MB parts at great prices. I was workin with them in the past and still contact them today if I need any parts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts