Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
w163 ml
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
anybody know where i can get a set of bi-xenons for my 270 cdi 2002.

need to be at the right price

please help

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
Your wish is my command....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7950018790&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Britons drive on the left and the beam pattern you require must look like this \__\__ - you cannot install bi-xenons from North America (or continental Europe) without blinding oncoming traffic. Your only option is probably eBay UK or Mercedes Benz UK - I can't see you getting it from other right-hand drive markets like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, India etc.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
dew, would these work with a 99 ML430?

·
Registered
497 Posts
redeye - 1/28/2005 2:39 AM

Britons drive on the left and the beam pattern you require must look like this \__\__ - you cannot install bi-xenons from North America (or continental Europe) without blinding oncoming traffic. Your only option is probably eBay UK or Mercedes Benz UK - I can't see you getting it from other right-hand drive markets like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, India etc.
AFAIK bi-xenons can be set to dip to the right and to the left and, additionally, flat accross:

\__\__ or __/__/ or ___ ___

There is a mask inside which can be turned round or whatever to set the dip pattern; this is possible due to the projector system

If anyone has any pics on how to do this I would be grateful, but I believe it means you can buy bi-xenons from anywhere and alter them.

A possible way to check this is to ask the parts person at your nearest dealer if there are different part numbers for left and right dipping countries.

·
Registered
MERCEDES ML 350 2004
20 Posts
GO EBAY GET JDM ones search jdm xenons get 6000k is enough they go for around 280 usd good deal! I am using these and they are perfect!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
marcelc - 1/28/2005 2:34 PM

redeye - 1/28/2005 2:39 AM

AFAIK bi-xenons can be set to dip to the right and to the left and, additionally, flat accross:

\__\__ or __/__/ or ___ ___

There is a mask inside which can be turned round or whatever to set the dip pattern; this is possible due to the projector system

If anyone has any pics on how to do this I would be grateful, but I believe it means you can buy bi-xenons from anywhere and alter them.

A possible way to check this is to ask the parts person at your nearest dealer if there are different part numbers for left and right dipping countries.
The US DOT, LHD E-codes and RHD E-codes will have different part numbers. In these lights, the DOT-spec has an orange reflector and not white as with E-codes.

It is true that many projector-type headlights have a lever inside the housing that can be used to alter the beam pattern of Continental E-codes temporarily from ___/ to ____ for driving in the UK, and UK E-codes from \___ to ___ for driving in continental Europe. Fundamentally though it is a steel plate with a different top shape for UK, Europe or US-spec headlights that gives the projector beam it's distinct light pattern. If you buy LHD E-codes and "flip the lever" permanently you will lose a lot of your roadside illumination.

The US DOT lights will not have the lever to modify it's beam pattern as it is not required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts