Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.. my cars old owner upgrade headlight to bi xenon.. i realise that my auto level isnt running... i found cable which is not plugged to the headlights...

i realise that i need a small convertor part from your old posts... today i bought this converter and plug them to the car. (blue to 4, black to 3, red to 2, and green to 1.) but nothing happened...

where did i make a mistake :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
Check for pulled fuse maybe? or blown? has it been disabled via DAS, or do you have to enable it. Did it come with adjusting for your car on reg lights?

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
P.S. cable does not work if is hooked up to your laptop. Just kidding just looking at picture and saw keyboard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm confused- your pic shows the plug next to your computer. Is it in your car, and how is it attached?

What did you expect to 'happen' when you plugged it in?

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm confused- your pic shows the plug next to your computer. Is it in your car, and how is it attached?

What did you expect to 'happen' when you plugged it in?
:)) you are right... i unplugged it after i try..

i plugg them and then i turn on my lights, i raise and lower the car and there are no adjustments seem on headligths

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check for pulled fuse maybe? or blown? has it been disabled via DAS, or do you have to enable it. Did it come with adjusting for your car on reg lights?
last week it gave "auto level error" (i think because of cables that are not pluged) on star diagnosis...

should i erase error logs or should i calibrate it from diagnosis to make them active :confused:

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
Erase then recalibrate, Again i have no experience, but first thing I would do is find out if the car came with adjustable lights? then clear errors, after that install the lines if that is what they are for? then use star right away to enable, If you throw a code after that I do not know what to say. This is just another opinion from a different guy, Do not take it as in written in stone. I am just the next store guy who like to trouble shoot.

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Erase then recalibrate, Again i have no experience, but first thing I would do is find out if the car came with adjustable lights? then clear errors, after that install the lines if that is what they are for? then use star right away to enable, If you throw a code after that I do not know what to say. This is just another opinion from a different guy, Do not take it as in written in stone. I am just the next store guy who like to trouble shoot.
i should go to workshop to erase and recalibrate them :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts