Registered
03 C230K Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I'm a recent owner of 03 C230K sedan. My very first MB. [:D]
I'm very happy with the car so far.
Looks great.
Drives great, and pretty peppy.(be it it's no C32AMG)
Best of all, chicks dig it. [:p] [;)] [:D]

Anywayz... *cough*
I know MB offers C4 lighting package for this model.
I didn't get it for two reasons.
1)didn't want to wait 2-3 month for special order. (no dealer in my area seem to have one in stock this way)
2)Don't like the headlamp washer things sticking out.(have yet to see one flush to the body as they should be when retracted... seemed a bid odd to me)
Anyone know if MB is planning on offering a kit that dealer can install later or any quality after market kits that are available for the 03?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Yeah you can upgrade to BiXenons, but trust me-you don't want to go to the dealer for it. ...

Yeah you can upgrade to BiXenons, but trust me-you don't want to go to the dealer for it. They will either charge you thousands or tell you it is not possible(BS). I am going to order my set w/clear fogs this month from a very popular man to get these parts-Steve. He sells refurbished BiXenons for approx 1K w/delivery. He recently installed my euro comand and I can tell you no one can tell my car didn't have it b4. I believe you can install yourself the BiXenons, you'll just have to have the dealer program the settings.

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
enri... did you inquire about the headlamp levellers? are the xenons not supposed to be ...

enri... did you inquire about the headlamp levellers? are the xenons not supposed to be self-levelling? so would they be inclusive with steve's retrofit package...

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Performance Products sells the Bi-Xenons now...

enri... did you inquire about the headlamp levellers? are the xenons not supposed to be self-levelling? so would they be inclusive with steve's retrofit package...
No, the retrofits do not include the auto-leveling system as that is extremely expensive to retrofit, even if it was possible! [8)]

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
Re: Performance Products sells the Bi-Xenons now...

No, the retrofits do not include the auto-leveling system as that is extremely expensive to retrofit, even if it was possible! [8)]
Drew: so that's it then? Just my tough luck? It also won't swivel up when the headlamps are turned on?[:(]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
That's correct...

Drew: so that's it then? Just my tough luck? It also won't swivel up when the headlamps are turned on?[:(]
There won't be the auto-test (which is really not a big deal) which shines the beam up and then lowers it, however that's not really that big of a deal anyway. Retrofitting the auto-leveling system is extremely cost prohibitive since apparently a lot of the wiring is done via the body harnesses which are installed during the vehicle assembly

·
Registered
03 C230K Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: That's correct...

There won't be the auto-test which shines the beam up and then lowers it. Retrofitting the auto-leveling system is extremely cost prohibitive since apparently a lot of the wiring is done via the body harnesses which are installed during the vehicle assembly

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (slaps self on forhead)
Maybe I should have been patiant and just waited out til one came in with C4 package...
I guess I could have lived with the headlamp washers not being flush to the molding...
[B)] [:I]

Guess my only hope is if someone comes up with some new type of Xenon kit that does/look different then the standard stuff out now... Different hue projection or something in that sort. (so I won't be so upset that it doesn't do the cool self test... [:p])

Thanks for the info guys.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Not all MB Xenons have a self-test...

Guess my only hope is if someone comes up with some new type of Xenon kit that does/look different then the standard stuff out now... Different hue projection or something in that sort. (so I won't be so upset that it doesn't do the cool self test... [:p])

Thanks for the info guys.
The M-class's Bi-Xenons for example, do not perform any up and down motions when they are first turned on. [:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts