Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone how to get bi xenon fog lights
i got a 2005 c230 komp. and was wondering if you have to change the bulb or the whole fog light, does anyone have a website for this.

·
Registered
2006 C280
196 Posts
Well, for starters, drop the reference to "Bi"...which in this context refers to headlights that are xenon for both high and low beams, which by definition, doesn't apply to the foglight question.

What I think you're asking is "are there any retrofit, genuine, HID-xenon fog lamps out there for any Mercedes"? Good question...

·
Registered
1999 E430 Sport
57 Posts
There's nothing available. That's why I'm working on a kit to replace the foglamps on my 99 E430 Sport, which also fit CLKs. I've adapted PUMA's #71052 90-mm-diameter HID supplementary low beams. It required a lot of hand fabrication of brackets, not to mention removing the original lens and adding a length of 3.25-inch aluminum tubing cannibalized from a fire extinguisher and a rather expensive, but very hard, flat borosilicate glass lens from Edmund.

If I decide to make more sets, they won't be cheap because they take forever to make! But they're BRIGHT!

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
It's possible to convert, just buy a pair of xenon bulbs (same type as that of your current ones), a pair of ballasts/ignitors and spend about an hour or two to get the job done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts