Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S 500, 2008 ML63 AMG
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my key fob works sometimes and moment others like to un lock lock and open trunk I have to use the actuall physical key some time. and when it does work I have to be right next to the drivers side door like within two inches of it. so I thought I needed to change the battery in it but upon inspection I see no place for a battery. any tips?

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
Ok, so we're gonna play can you follow my awkwardly worded battery change procedure!

1. Remove the physical key.
2. Pretend that the key is a pick axe.
3. Ok, so the small end is the "pick" part and the long end is the handle.
4. You're gonna need to pick a small lever that goes parrallel to the split line on the key fob where if you have the old one is where the cap goes from curvy to straight and if you have the new one where the chrome turn to plastic.
5. The lever itself is on the right if your mercedes logo is facing away from you place the pick on the small indent all the way to right and pull left while simultaneously pulling up on the curvy part.
6. If you're having a little trouble, it's ok, use the small gap between the plastics and/or chrome to wedge the part out.
7. From there replace the battery and redo the whole thing backwards.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,979 Posts
Or, do what you should have done in the first place - go to the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia in the stickies, and look at the very first item under "Keys." It even has photos.

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
I forget how comprehensive that darn thing is...
I thought I've read all the topics there, but I guess not.

Yeah what Sky said then...the pics make all the difference.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol thanks guys and gabby I like the explanation imq do this as soon as I get home

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question will changing the batteries reset the programing its prolly a stupid question but this is my first Benz and let alone my first key fob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts