Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Unfortunately, you are correct. Our defense spending has been said to be larger than all other countries, combined.
not quite...or even close....it's as much as the next 10 countries combined according to this clip, or I have seen it as high as the next 25 countries combined, but not larger than -all other countries- combined FFS, try to keep it kinda real or you lose all credibility

Yes it's bloated beyond measure, but when -we- and I say we on purpose lie and spout nonsense like this, it gives Trump and Trumpies credibility when they parrot cry "fake news fake news"

Lets be part of the solution by sticking to the truth

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Chill out, dude, and get some sex or something! I remember seeing a chart which did show that we outdo all other countries, combined. I cannot even see your clip anyway; it's not showing up. I don't know why you're accusing me of "on purpose lie", so watch your own credibility there; I'm simply reporting what I saw.

If you have other information, I'm glad to look at it; I look forward to your posting a link that I can actually see. But chill. We both obviously agree that our defense budget is way higher than it needs to be, whether it's all other countries combined (as I saw it) or the top 25 countries combined (as apparently you saw it).

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Only comment is that I expect a Dollar goes a lot further in China or India.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Thanks, @IWantedaJag. So, according to this chart, apparently things have changed in recent years; we still spend more than every other country, and 17 of them combined, but China is coming on pretty strong. And you're likely right about currency going farther in China and India, due to labour cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
GreenT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing