Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned the hard way that these frigging glove compartment cup holders DO NOT work. I obviously am retarded for trusting a quarter inch hole to hold a Medium size drink. This is the only flaw that I have found in this car in 2 years.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I just learned the hard way that these frigging glove compartment cup holders DO NOT work. I obviously am retarded for trusting a quarter inch hole to hold a Medium size drink. This is the only flaw that I have found in this car in 2 years.
The 190E glove box cup holders are intended for use when the car is standing still.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
ha. my saab was the same way. europeans have this retarded attitude that you shouldn't have a buffet and a cigar while driving. america has a leg up on them in this area. i like to have my coffee and toast +/- oats at 70.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh please, two big gulps lasted a trip around town without falling over until I tried to knock them over. You just have to work with what you got.

·
W245 Moderator
3,302 Posts
ha. my saab was the same way. europeans have this retarded attitude that you shouldn't have a buffet and a cigar while driving. america has a leg up on them in this area. i like to have my coffee and toast +/- oats at 70.
Mwahaha, retarded... nice being you, bro... lemme know when you shit out you toast at 70... Otherways, you rule (in your own world anyway)... :p

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
not retarded but smart, thats how accidents are caused, people just dont pay attention to the roads.:surrender:

·
Registered
371 Posts
i found that if you have manual seats you can rest your drink securaly between the front lever and shifter console. but i guess if you got electric seats your SOL for cup holders

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
on the seat, between your legs is a good place for it. i have power seats on the 87 never had an issue..

·
5,048 Posts
LOL, Title 21 4176 (b) Inattentive Driving : Whoever opreates and fails to give full time and attention to the operation of the vehicle, or whoever fails to maintain a proper lookout while operating the vehicle, shall be guilty of inattentive driving.

OOH this is a fun one... It's a total catch all. Anything you are doing besides driving fits.

The European attiude is the correct attitude for this and many other vehicle related offences. We have similar laws but have a laissez fair attitude when it come to enforceing them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mwahaha, retarded... nice being you, bro... lemme know when you shit out you toast at 70... Otherways, you rule (in your own world anyway)... :p

i meant retarded in the best of ways ;]

TO!! excellent. too bad about the maple loafs ;] i grew up straight across the lake in lewiston/youngstown. hence the cynical insanity. i miss wny and southern ontario though. southern california might as well be it's own nation, sans culture.

·
W245 Moderator
3,302 Posts
Nah, I'm European and I know much less than nothing about those Maple Leafs (the NHL products they sell are pretty fancy and nice though....lol). and I can tell you that if we take a ride in a busy European city you'll find the cup holders useless (one, the traffic can be overwhelming (ask B about the ride at rush hour in Bucharest...mwahaha) at times that you don't have time to do anything else than driving). Also, I did not see many vehicles sold over there having them at all (I guess it's just a feature or option only for the North American clients to enjoy on the long relaxing rides here, oh, yes with them auto boxes also)... to be fair, the traffic here is child's play compared to what you get over there... also the law is pretty forgiving here about various distractions behind the wheel for the driver (especially the cell phone use which is a real danger to other traffic participants).
Now frankly speaking I enjoy the relaxation here (cup holders, cells, automatic transmissions and stuff) but at times I am really annoyed by the reckless and dangerous driving of some NAms (what pisses me off is that this shit is legal, normal or overlooked frequently)...
All the best, though... ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just went for a ride to pick up a cup of coffee to bring back to work and realized how idiotic the lack of a cup holder is. it's more distracting than conducting a conference call with powerpoint presentation... while driving.

also, while you're reading, i have this rattle in behind my dash that happens around 60+ mph (most of the time). sounds like a piece of plastic. i've pressed here and there trying to pinpoint it but no luck. is there anything common that might be causing this??

thanks.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
i just went for a ride to pick up a cup of coffee to bring back to work
Driving to get a cup of coffee to drink at work. Could anything be more SoCal? :D

Perhaps the folks that drive so that they can go jogging or bicycling are worse.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Driving to get a cup of coffee to drink at work. Could anything be more SoCal? :D

Perhaps the folks that drive so that they can go jogging or bicycling are worse.
ha. more for survival than southern cali culture. i'm substitute teaching. i don't think jameson will go over too well on the desk :D

the culture here is odd at best. i assumed there would be a coffee pot somewhere but no chance. they'd rather drive 9 miles, stop for gas, then give the starbucks shareholders extra yields.

nice weather though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts