Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a message to the other E55ers out there. Watch out for the Viper. I messed with one tonight and got my asp bit. I was on a toll road (241) in Southern Cal tonight and was passed by a Viper. I went with him when he went by and we hit about 150 before we had to shut it down. I could sorta keep up; however, it was painfully obvious to me that his hp and torque was way beyond my AMG. Over 80 he could pull away rather quickly, but it was a little more even about 120+. It certainly got my heart a pumping. The car handles like a dream at 150 and I didn't feel out of control for a moment. We played back and forth for about 5 miles until the exit. This was a gray/black VIper with no plates (brand new) and the two racing stripes down the middle. The guy could definitely shift and I got spanked. (But I'd do it again in a instant.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Beware of Viper.

Oh dammit, now why did you have to say that? It's only gonna make me want one. Now how do I convince the wife that this is 'essential' too? We must have it bad when these are the problems we worry about:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love amg..but you still wouldn't beat a viper...

Even if you had 500hp in your E55...Weight & Torque fugures just wouldn't allow it. Now iv you were in a Brabus V-12 equipped E-class you might have a chance.<br> <br> just my .02

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are just like me 'Gingerbread man' if you get a whooping take it like a man,if you give the whooping just another day at the office. Was the Viper modified? You will never know. Enjoy your car you will get another chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts