Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,<br>I just thought it would be good for everyone who owns C36 to know this.<br>I was driving down the freeways, and all of a sudden a rock flew off to my direction bouncing on the road.<br>When it finally hit my car, I was hoping no major damage on my car. As I finally got to my destination safely, I walked out and checked out the front end of my car.<br>It turned out that the rock has smashed my left(driver side) front bumper-foglight. <br>So I though it was no biggie, right..!?<br>As soon as I found out how much the price of these foglight , it just surprised me(pissed me off really ..!!).<br>It cost about $320 from the dealer a piece (each).<br>I was wondering why. But then I realized that C36 is a limited production car, no wonder its special part also cost "special" too. <p>So finally I got my new foglight and have it installed.<br>But as the lesson learned, I bought a protective film from Xpel. It said to be strong enough to deflect any material that might smash the fog-light (up to 2.5 inch in diameter, I think). <br>They don't have the pre-cut kit (the pre-cut are only for the W202 head-light), so I have to buy the 14"x12" sheet , it costs me about $22 (incl shipping). <br>It's not bad at all considering how much the new foglight could cost you..<p>So, every C36 owner I <B>highly</B> recommend you all to get these kind of foglight/headlight protection ,material.<br>They are made by Xpel, 3M, stonegard, etc . Many brands out there.I just thought it would be benefit for everyone else that I share my bad "foglight" experience.<br>Regards,<p>J Irwan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Hey Guys,<br>I just thought it would be good for everyone who owns C36 to know this.<br>I was driving down the freeways, and all of a sudden a rock flew off to my direction bouncing on the road.<br>When it finally hit my car, I was hoping no major damage on my car. As I finally got to my destination safely, I walked out and checked out the front end of my car.<br>It turned out that the rock has smashed my left(driver side) front bumper-foglight. <br>So I though it was no biggie, right..!?<br>As soon as I found out how much the price of these foglight , it just surprised me(pissed me off really ..!!).<br>It cost about $320 from the dealer a piece (each).<br>I was wondering why. But then I realized that C36 is a limited production car, no wonder its special part also cost "special" too. <p>So finally I got my new foglight and have it installed.<br>But as the lesson learned, I bought a protective film from Xpel. It said to be strong enough to deflect any material that might smash the fog-light (up to 2.5 inch in diameter, I think). <br>They don't have the pre-cut kit (the pre-cut are only for the W202 head-light), so I have to buy the 14"x12" sheet , it costs me about $22 (incl shipping). <br>It's not bad at all considering how much the new foglight could cost you..<p>So, every C36 owner I <B>highly</B> recommend you all to get these kind of foglight/headlight protection ,material.<br>They are made by Xpel, 3M, stonegard, etc . Many brands out there.I just thought it would be benefit for everyone else that I share my bad "foglight" experience.<br>Regards,<p>J Irwan<p><p>Can you supply me with the web address or phone number of Xpel?<p> Thanx,<p> Brian<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts